What do kids wear in KL?

Packing to move to KL and I'm wondering what kids wear... Only short sleeves and short pants or do they also need long sleeves some times? Sweaters?
Any tIps welcome!

Kids need long and short sleeves and trousers legs, because they will get used to the heat quickly and find if they are up early in the morning it will be cool. It is also cool when it rains and there can be several days at a time when there is no sun. Kids wear school uniform here. Its also quite cool in shops and restaurants that have air conditioning. The LRT train can be chilly as well. Most people and kids wear quite casual clothes, but little girls may have dresses on. The only thing you dont need is a winter coat. But its good to have one with you for when you return to Europe. Most summer clothes from Europe are too heavy. Some fabrics retain the heat and are uncomfortable to wear - if you hold a fabric and your hand gets warm quickly, it will be uncomfortable to wear here. Personally I find thick cottons too hot as well, and prefer to wear some manmade fibres as they breathe. In certain buildings and situations, it is good to cover arms and shoulders - that is why shawls can be useful. Childrens clothing should not be cut down adult versions, i.e. provocative as it really would be frowned upon in Malaysia. The best words to describe clothing here is conventional and discrete. The hottest season is April to August. Sometimes long sleeves help you keep cooler than short ones as that insulate against outside heat. Tight clothing is uncomfortable.

Thank you for very useful info!

Hi I will be moving to Kuala Lumpur in March with my husband & 2 little boys aged 5 & 7. Looking at Alice Springs school where is the best place to live please? Any help much appreciated, thank you.

I asked the school which my son (6) will attend for the school bus routes, they more or less correspond with the school community's residential catchment area, and I chose residential area accordingly. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the reply.
Do you mind me asking which school your son goes to? Where do you live? Are you happy with school & area?

He will start in German School in March. Looking at Pantai Hillpark to start with. Arriving in 10 days, will be able to tell you more once we are there!

Oh wow! There's exciting! Thought you were already there.. Good luck with your move ☺️ x

Thank you for reply!
My hubby is South African 😊

They were shorts and tee shirt.That's all.