IPhone purchased abroad

Hello all

I have been reading with much interest the posts on this forum. I have one question and wonder if anyone has experience of this issue.

Would an iPhone purchased abroad work in Mauritius? In particular, would 4g/ lte be enabled on orange? I would get one which has band 3 (1800) lte but it seems that even if you get the same band as that which orange operates on, it may not work? Anyone has any experience of this?

The price at which orange sells these is absolutely horryfing!!

Thanks

I bought a Vodafone phone LTE 4G from the UK and has not been able to find someone here to unlock it, even Vodafone themselves has not been able to unlock it yet!

I have successfully brought two iPhones to Mauritius and unlocked them from UK networks using a web service officialiphoneunlock.co.uk

One iPhone was iPhone 4 which I gave to my niece and she is on EMTEL
My own iPhone 5 I use daily is on ORANGE it used to be a TESCO phone but was unlocked by the above firm for around £35 MUCH CHEAPER THAN BUYING A NEW PHONE

My Samsung wouldn't have worked here...the phones seem to be locked to Europe. What you can do (I did so), phone about 10 mins with a European sim to a European phone (the other way around should work too) then it is unlocked. But don't know if IPHONE work the same. These instructions were written on my phone's box.
Prices here are indeed a rip off. I saved a lot Rs buying the S5 mini in Germany.
I wonder also what reasoning is behind selling a Kia Rio here for the double price than in Europe.