Hiking

hello any hiking plan, do let me know thx

Hello yasssir,

Can you tell us where would you like to go hiking please?
Is hiking your favorite hobby?

Thanks

Priscilla :)

hi yeah like hiking. If anyone on Expat.com organising one, let me know. I like nature walk.

Hi Yassir

I know of two walking groups, both quite active, and each do at least one walk each month

1. Centre d'Excursion Beau Bassin (CEBB) has a face book page, giving details of forthcoming walks

2. Patloisirs.  Telephone Patrick 57647192, or I can email you details of the next walk, which is this coming Sunday.

Both groups organise a bus with various pick-up points, and the cost is about 225 rupees.

Let me know if you want further details

Gareth

sure am interested give me some details. Here my email address [email protected]   and i got my own arrangement for transport it ok

I get out quite a bit. Let me know if you need any info or advice. The best place that I have found for information on hiking in Mauritius is the website exploremauritius.org There is a good interactive map and detailed information and photos for each hike.

Take a look at Hash House Harriers, they are a hiking/walking group that meet twice a month on a Sunday at various locations around the Island, apparently it is a very friendly group of people of mixed Hiking/Walking abilities.

www.mhash.com

Good luck :)

Hello Gareth,
Please let me have the exact Facebook name of the Centre d'Excursion Beau Bassin.
Can please also email me details of the next walk by Patloisirs.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Chad

Hi Chad

1. Just search for "Centre d'Excursion Beau Bassin" in the "Find Friends" box, or " CEBB".  You will find a lot of detail about the next walk, contact numbers etc.  Bus transport is provided with designated pick-up points, cost 225-250 rupees as the walks are usually linear.

2. Patloisirs.  Pat sends out all info by email, so you need to get on his list.  Phone him on 57647192 (Orange) or 57392240 (Emtel), and he will ask for your email address.  The next walk is an Independence Day walk on 12th March, grade N3 (strenuous), 12 km from Plaine Champagne, including a number of peaks.  As with CEBB there is bus transport (250 rupees).

Bonne Rando!

Gareth