Need cashbond if u want to get visa to go to australia?

I'm a filipina. I have an Australian boyfriend. He said that he's coming to the Philippines this march to marry me and Will bring me to Australia after the wedding. but He said I have to have more money for the "cashbond". is that true? What if he's a scammer? I already victimized before by a foreigner. I mean, we're already married by then. Why do they need cashbond? Please help me!

i am a american boxing coach....when we take a filipina boxer to there we must pay $200 dollars for a visa...we are going there in march 2nd...CASHBOND..are you crazy....Joe

It sounds like some sort of scam to me.  I would check up with the Australian Embassy in Manila about this

yes, never never trust people who want your money....JOE

Thanks for ur reply but my situation is we're getting married this march! I'm already her legal wife by then. I want to find out if that's true about cashbond?! Just to get in his country! I cannot ask my boyfriend straight about this he might get offended!

The australian embassy will tell u what u need to know..if he is bad or not..if he is bad move on with your life....JOE

Yeah ur right! Thanks!

your welcome my friend.....JOE

Don't trust to anyone.just let him come and marry you first . otherwise you get marry to Australia so you can go with them as easy I think.or just call to the Australian embassy in Philippines what's the requirements  about your setuation my dearly sister. ....

There is no "cashbond" as such.  There is a government department that sometimes deals with "Assurance of Support"  but the sponsor is responsible for this, not you.

If you will be married, then there is no Assurance of Support needed.  Just him being the one to sponsor his wife.

His responsibilities include:
"As a sponsor you must provide accommodation and financial support for your partner and their family for up to two years following visa grant or first entry into Australia including any period they take English language courses (if needed)."

He may be unaware of this, "as From 1 January 2012, the discretionary Assurance of Support (AoS) requirement was removed from partner visas."

He may be calling the (AoS) a cashbond, which I have seen used in the past, but only rarely.

HA... never trust an australian...husband ot bf... they ate all scammers.. how can u trust ne one that have a kangaroo for  A FRIEND..

An interesting reversal of the common theme.  However, you may like to know that very few Australians have ever seen a kangaroo outside a zoo.  They are very rare in the cities where most people live.

Never heard of a cash bond

There is a cash bond but it is to do with applicants that have been refused a visa before and have now been given one. The proviso is that your sponsor in Oz has to put money into the Immigration escrow account. You will get it back into your account if the person leaves Oz before on on the return date on their flight tickets. 

I had to do it for my wife to come over from Laos.

berlean.bb wrote:

Thanks for ur reply but my situation is we're getting married this march! I'm already her legal wife by then. I want to find out if that's true about cashbond?! Just to get in his country! I cannot ask my boyfriend straight about this he might get offended!

Did he ever hear of Expat.com?

@berlean

If you are married to him and this is your first time application then there is no need of the cash bond. I would contact the Australian Embassy for information. If I am wrong about this they will give you the correct information.

My advice is to contact the Australian embassy,just to be on the safe side,not all forigners are trustworthy,good luck.

He's marrying you dear, tell him to pay it. He shouldn't be asking you for money. It's a scam.