American Expat in Argentina, would like to go to Brasil

Hello,

I am from the US and have lived in Argentina for 1.5 years. I have never had any problems here legally, and I actually work for the local municipal government. I would like to go to Brasil for a few months to see the beaches and want to know if this is possible.

I would like to travel to Brazil by bus, I have all of my documents. It is clear that I need a visa, but how to get the visa doesn't seem clear to me at all. The fact that I am in Argentina certainly complicates things.

If anyone can lend help on what I need to do please let me know thank you.

go to embassy of brasil

Hiii,

Do you have the DNI? IF yes, you can go to Brazil without the visa..

No, I dont have thw DNI. But after reading other forums people say the visa is very easy to get. And my frienss here say they arent very strict. Maybe I will get to see Carnival =)

@ FrancisRojo > As you are willing to go to Brazil, do note that i have moved your topic on the Brazil forum for more visibility. You might receive more answers here as well.

Regards

Priscilla  :cheers:

Sounds like a decent job; would you have to give that up? Something to think about if so.

Francois,

Are you a permanent resident of Argentina? Do you have an Argentine Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro? If so, you can travel to any of the Mercosur countries, without a visa, you don't even actually need your passport either, but I'd recommend that you take it with you anyway.

Cheers,
James        Expat-blog Experts Team