Rent an apartment

To rent an apartment in krakow?bad idea!first of all is very expensive,not spacious,poor quality but the tragedy:polish do not easily rent their houses to foreighers.What does it mean when they say "i have bad experiense with the previous ones" nobody knows.As about real estate agensies?pffffffff.....fees fees fees!

Hello goumaskyriakos,

Welcome to Expat.com

Thank you for this information but then what can a person do if they have to rent an appartment in Krakow itself?

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

goumaskyriakos: What does it mean when they say "i have bad experiense with the previous ones" nobody knows.

I guess it means that some people run off without paying and it is difficult to find them as they were not easy to locate since they returned to their counties.

Krakow is the second most expensive city in Poland but by far not as expensive as an average town in England.
It is really true about the fees. I recommend agree to the sum or the percentage beforehand.

People moving to Krakow for work could ask their companies to help them in this matter. Frankly it should be their duty to do so. If company is not willing to help with the accommodation...well, re-consider working for them in the first place.
Here are some of my tips:
* While talking to the owner of your potential flat, an prove of your employment should definitely help.
* Look for a flat a bit further from the center. Krakow is small and has a very good and cheap public transport. You    will be very surprised how much you can safe. But make sure, the area is well served by any tram line. It will make  your life much easier.
* Research on the web beforehand. If you find something you like, go on the Google Maps and check the location. I new Krakow nearly well by doing that before we moved here.
* Unfortunately before an agent shows you the flat in question, you will have to sigh an agreement that you will rent only though them. Ask for their fee before you go to see them. They may be inclined to negotiate before your invest time.
* Look for the flats on the web yourself and call regarding the chosen properties. Agencies know, that all the flats are out there covered by various competitors, therefore may want to attract you to them if you negotiate their fee beforehand.

But first of all, get your company to help you. Even if it is small, there are people working there and people know people, who know people. Somebody will be nice enough to help you.

Good luck