DEGREE, TEFL but no experience working with adults.

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out a little with some info or advice. I am a female who is very much interested in finding work as an ESL teacher. I have a degree and a TEFL certificate however, I only have experience working with children. I have been interviewed and asked many times if I have ex working with adults and have been turned down on many occasions because of this. Has anyone gone/ going through this also?

Any useful advice/ suggestions is much appreciated!

Thanks

That's a bit strange... There were positions available in Riyadh to my knowledge with little to no experience needed. Check eslcafe and seriousteachers inshaAllaah you will find something - check Berlitz and american wallstreet - the language institutes

In such field I suggest that you work as a private teacher if you still want to get a job then you will not get paid that much whether you're teaching children or adults the best way to make cash or succeed in such kind if a business is through private teaching

what? Do you have ESL background in the Gulf? - because that sounds like advice from someone with no experience in the field. - firstly, the person would already have to be in the Kingdom in order to start as a private teacher - 2ndly, private teaching usually comes AFTER the people are aware that you are an established teacher. - ,

dear! since u are located in jeddah! then by now their isnt such thing as "have to"
second, no one here has time to go and sit somewhere to study, so thats why they will best ask you to come to them.
third, they dont care what kind of organization you come, they care if you will give them a certificate or not after the level so they know how expensive you are

THAT IS IT

I have no idea what you just wrote

Thank you both for your suggestions. I may just look for some voluntary or paid esl jobs working with adults here in London whilst I am still applying for jobs in KSA.

Maybe things are changing or getting more competitive because I check esl cafe and numerous other sites daily and still find 1/2/3 years ex with adults needed nonetheless ill still try and apply. Thanks !