Hiring a live in maid questions

Hey everyone!

I am an American lady living here with my husband and we are expecting our first baby in just a couple weeks. I have been using a lady part time to help me clean up my house and was thinking to turn that into full time. I have never had a live in maid and do not know how to go about making it happen. I know there is all the stuff regarding sponsorship. She said she will speak with her agency and try to get her passport and papers released by her previous employer. I grew up in Kuwait and we always had a live in but as a kid, I had no idea what processes were done around that. Can anyone help me out with what it is I have to do? How much would I pay a live in maid?

I have CPR under my husbands sponsorship and he has CPR but works in Saudi. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

You don't need any agency and most are corrupt. They charge you a fortune for a maid and within a few months she runs away. You don't get your money back, but then you need another maid and the same thing happens.

You can find a maid easily enough on your own, but ask hubby to speak to his company. If you want to sponsor a maid, it's your husbands company that has to do it. The laws are in the process of being changed but hasn't happened just yet.

For any further advice PM me.

Thank you for the reply. I would rather not go through an agency because I have heard all the horror stories. I really want the lady I have now to just turn live in. However, now that I know the hubby's company has to sort out the sponsoring of the maid I think that will be too complicating seeing as they are a Saudi based company and all that. Perhaps for the time being I will just continue with part time.

Thank you again for the info!