Looking for advice of how to move to Doha for Engineer job

Hi all
currently living in Ireland but seriously considering move to Qatar / Doha.
Qualified Civil engineer and would like to find out about job opportunities there. would hope to move wife plus 1 child.

I would appreciate any direction / advice.

Regards

nodcork

Hi there what would you like to know ?

Hi there.
Looking for engineering positions but not particularly interested in recruitment agencies. would like direct contact with hiring companies (client or contractor)
What is the visa process and who is responsible for it
what is the expected timeframe involved
is there a variety of civil eng work available

Above is very general, please expand as you see fit.

Thanks again.

agencies mainly here
visas are all done by sponsors
once you have taken the position you cannot change companies in Qatar unless NOC is given and that's not the norm
just make sure you check and double check everything before you sign ?

I've come across a lot of civil engineers working on the Qatar Rail project. In fact, because of the sheer amount of construction happening in the country, I'd imagine a huge number of civil engineers are being recruited at the moment.

Visa process is taken care of by your employer and will take 1-2 months upon receipt of all your relevant documentation.

Are all agencies reputable or is there a select few i.e. for construction etc
I take it then that all work is on a term / project contract basis

I understand what you're saying in " just make sure you check and double check everything before you sign" but maybe some examples if you can ??
Finally is it google time or would you have names of any agencies for civil engineering jobs.

Thanks

Hello nodcork and welcome to Expat.com

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post and responses you got on the Doha Forum, so as to better list the different useful information we got and also to increase visibility and interaction on the latter.

Best of luck in your query

Kenjee
Expat.com Team