Moving to Erbil - what items are harder to find compared to US?

A few days ago I accepted a new post in Erbil, will be relocating at the end of the month.  So have a few weeks to wrap up my life and job here.  My new post will be providing accommodations for me, so that makes things a bit easier.

I will be coming from the US, so looking for some advice on what I need to bring?  What items are harder to get there vs the US?  I have a shipping allowance, so I can ship things if I needed.  I will most likely get a new laptop or tablet before I leave - so concerns with clothes?  My new post will have me dressed professionally more then I have needed to in the past, do I need to rush to get a few new suits fitted or something I can do there just as well as here?

Any other advice would be well received.

-Z

Hi
First of all, I would like to assure you that did a good job by accepting a new post in Erbil and you are on safe side to Erbil.
one of the most difficult things in Erbil is accommodation, because rent requires high cost, the good things accommodation is provided for you.

You can bring only your necessary things and I do believe you can find the rest easily .

feel free to ask if you any specific question about Erbil

Haidar

Clothes will be hard to find. The fashion in Erbil and the Middle East in general is different from what you would expect in the US. Just different style. I would definitely suggest to bring all your suits and slacks with you.

Another thing I would suggest would be books and magazines. Not much available in Erbil to read. Solution, either Kindle and iPad. That should suffice.

I mostly agree with previous answers. Bring in books, if you need the the good feeling of paper, or an e-reader.
As for clothing: no problem at all for anything casual. For business suits you can find almost anything in the "luxury" category (eg. Italian brands). For every day, it is better if you bring something from home that suits your taste and style.
I found it convenient to buy fabric at the bazar and have a dress taylored on me (also at the bazar). Bring a sample to the taylor to show him the cut you want. You will save lots! You will find a good choice of shoes, but do not forget to bring your ties!
If you can't live without bacon and you will have your own kitchen and fridge, bring it (vacuum sealed). Pork is simply non existent....