Entering Mexico with pets

Hi,
I am entering Mexico through Laredo with my two dogs.  What documentation is required for me to bring my dogs into the country for six months?

Here's the official website for bringing a pet to Mexico:  http://www.senasica.gob.mx/default.asp? … mp;id=623.

In a nutshell, you'll need a very specifically worded, bilingual health certificate from your vet (a signed original plus one copy) and a valid rabies certificate.  I took a printed copy of the Sargapa requirements to our vet, and he made up a certificate on his computer.

Thank you for the information.

I have been traveling to Mexico for thirty years now with my dogs.  Officialling things have tightened up with bringing dogs into Mexico.  According to the current regulations, one can only bring in two dogs......I have always traveled with three and have not had any problems.  In thirty years, one time only have I had anyone ask if I had papers.....which I did.....but just my vaccination records for the dogs not the bi-lingual international health certificate.  The border guard glanced at my papers and handed them back to me. 

One problem with traveling with your dogs into Mexico is that bringing dog food into Mexico has been banned and the choices in Mexico are not great.  I have continued to bring in my own dog food and have not had any guard ask or search my vehicle but it is also against their current regulations.

I've lived on/off in Baja for several years and never had a problem with crossing dogs across San Ysidro.  Might be different on the Arizona or Texas border.  Never been asked for any documentation coming/going from Baja.  Note: I speak Spanish so I might get a different reaction from immigration than someone who doesn't.