Buying a car from Dubai and bringing into Saudi

Hi guys, please I would like to find out if its possible to buy a car from Dubai/UAE and bring it in to Saudi. I live and work in Riyadh but plans to buy a 2006/2007 car from Dubai.
Anybody has idea or experience in this and what the process entails.
Thanks.

Hi

As per saudi regulations, you cant import a car older than 5 years model. And try your best not to buy an American specs cars because saudi borders 90% might rejecting it.
moreover if u import a car to saudi you will not be eligible to sell it untill it completes 3 years under your name!
Take all these points into consideration before making any decision.

Best of luck

thanks @Mohamadsysy, i heard that from another source as well. i opted for buying from dubai cos i found out that dubai cars are more well maintained and neater than saudi used cars. However your points are well noted. thanks for the info.

Dears
I have bought Mercedes 2012 SUV, it was imported by an agent in Freezone Dubai from USA. I checked through carfax report that car is genuine and accident free.
agent is swearing that car can be taken to saudi with paperwork from dubai. He says he is doing this business only. 
I am intending to drive the car to saudi.
I have saudi license and residence permit iqama. Can I drive the car through UAE Saudi border?

Please help I have only three days to bring car into Saudi.
Any better options or ideas. I will remain thankful and grateful for sincere advice.

Hi, just wanted to follow up with how it turned out with bringing the car over to Saudi. Did you have any success?

Alhamdulillah it was successful and easier than anticipated. Both sides of borders were helpful.
I encourage you to keep the required papers handy and Saudi Debit card from NCB. The deposit ATM at Saudi border only accept from NCB cards (I am not sure it is changed now).
I personally drove car from UAE to Saudi without any agent.

Dear khajamm,

Salaam alaikum.

I am also plannig to buy a car from dubai from a local resident. Could you pls let me know the formalities from scratch. I ztay in riyadh. I would be very thankfull to you for this. If possible kindly share your mobile no.

Best regards.
Azam

How long did it take to get the customs formalities done on Saudi side

Hi Mohamad

I had a question... is it possible i can buy a used car in saudi and take it to oman where i am currently working? As i see on olx and find the used car prices very attractive in saudi. Please let me know the procedure if possible.

Hello guys

Appreciate your assist in the said topic.. I am lebanese living in Jeddah, bought a C5 RS6 .. i registered it for my fiend who is luving there.. i need to get it here.. any idea what should be done?
Can a saudi citizen just go buy it and bring it here?
Do we need to have it registered by a saudi who has residence permit in UAE?
Thank you in advance

Hi Shigo,

Please let me know if you have any updates on buying a car from dubia, already got one and need to get in to ksa.. thx buddy ps i will also be searching for solutions i will keep u posted if i cane across a solid solution

Check the Saudi custom website, there's a detailed procedure written about the car transfer from GCC/ other countries !!