I would like to make friends!

Hello, everyone!
My name is Desiree and I am from the United States.  I have been living in France for a couple of years, now, with my husband.  He is French. 
I have found it hard to live here because all of my friends are in the USA.  I do not speak fluent French, and it has been difficult to find English speaking people to talk with and get to know.
So, I am looking for English speaking people living in Jura to make friends.  Having a cup of coffee would be nice, and talking about our interests and how it is to be an expatriot. 
Please message me if you are interested!  Thank you very much!

Hello Desiree,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction. You can start by participating and sharing your experiences with other members on the France forum. This will help you to have some contacts here ;)

How is life in Jura?

Thank you

Hello, Christine,
Well, life in Jura is quiet and peaceful, but maybe too quiet and peaceful!  I am currently unemployed and I mostly stay at home all day.  My French is weak, although I understand it when spoken to me.  I have one friend from England, but I would like more!

hi...MarionGodae

I have same situation as you, we can talk by chating application if you prefer ? i'm looking forward to hearing from you

c u

Hello there English speakers from US and Philippines.  I'm on vacation in Provence and know very little French.  I'm in Vaison La Romaine an hour from Marseille and Avignon. Am willing to travel so I can speak English/Tagalog or just have friends.  It's difficult to stay alone in a place where hardly anyone speaks English and I have no car.  The good thing about Europe is it's metro/rail system.  I plan to visit Cannes and/or Nice May 1&2.  I don't mind meeting  for coffee or an afternoon tea.  Thank you. :)

Bonjour :)

I am 28 Australian female, i will arrive in Paris 4th June 2015 for 4 nights. I want to experience Paris life from a local perspective even if its just 4 days and what better way to do it than staying with a local people there.

I will bring lots of laughter, good company and all my travelling stories from Japan, Thailand, Australia, Nepal. I can also teach you how to cook Nepalese and Australian dishes.

Let me know if you are willing or know of anyone who would be.

Cheers

Hi Desiree!

My name is Jo and I'm from the east coast US. I just moved here in France last December 2014 to be with my husband. Although, I was in Paris for 9 months in 2013 to learn the language, my level is stuck at B1/B2. Anyway, your message caught my eye because tomorrow we'll head to Jura for some hiking :) It's too bad we will only be there for a couple of days, I would have loved to meet up with you.

Anyway, if any of you are in Paris and want to meet up or just to chat online and share experiences, just message me. (I have an FB account too and have joined a few groups geared towards Expats in France).  I am still adjusting to expat life. It's only been four months but I do miss my friends and family back home. And being stuck at home and searching for work here in France can be lonely and frustrating.

Have a great week!
Cheers!