Make a trip to try to decide where to locate

Hi,  I'm Larry. My wife and I currently live in NW (Freeport), IL. We are very interested in possibility of moving to Puerto Rico. We would like to make a one week or so trip to look at various areas to try to decide where to locate.
Is there any guided tour service, bus or the like, that would give us a look at the whole island without having to rent a car and drive?
Would it be easy to do it with a rental car?
We are early 70's and good health. Finding work is not an issue.
Locating an ex-pat friendly community is a definite plus.
Not at all interested in jungle/rain forest locations. Can't stand snakes  :>)).
Thanks in advance for any tips you can give.
Larry

Not many snakes or other scary critters in PR and none are poisonous. You need to go to mainland Latin America for that.

Welcome!  I've never heard of a tour service but maybe someone  else knows.  For us, we traveled by car to different locations and decided to stay close to the Rincon area or the NW in general.  We actually live not far from you in Machesney Park (North of Rockford). Rincon seems to have a lot of mainland Americans here and it is so easy to get around speaking English but it is still a good idea to learn the language.  We are retired and are looking to do some long term renting so we can decide if it is right for us.  Best of luck to you both!

Barbara

Barbara, Thanks for the fast reply.
Wow, small world. Where are you now, in Illinois or PR?
We're in Rockford at least once/week for shopping. My wife loves TJ Maxx.
What made you settle on the NW area?
Larry

Hi, Larry!  We are currently in Rincon until the 19th of Feb.  We love the laid back sort of surfer atmosphere here as I think we are throwback hippies, lol.  We are in our early 50's and are retired.  But we still have a 19 and almost 21 yr old at home so are waiting for them to get a bit more independent so we can commit to being away long periods.

We go out each day and walk at the track down the street to get a bit of leg stretching and exercise.  It has been wonderful this trip with hardly no mosquitoes.  I would suggest you rent a car and explore around the island. ,We prefer the coast so we tried to go along the perimeter.  The southwest coast has a drier climate and beautiful beaches along Cabo Rojo and Guanica.  The northwest coast has a rain forest and more humidity.  Then there is Culebra and Viequea Islands that you ferry over to.

Hi Barbra, Could we meet up after you get home to pick your brains?
We'll buy the beer (or whatever).
Larry

Larry, I'll talk to hubby (Tim) and we can see if we can pick some time to meet up, that would be fun!

Great.  Diane and i look forward to hearing from you after you're home.
I hope you take pictures.  [email protected]

Hi Larry,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Puerto Rico forum so that your questions are more visible to the eyes of the other members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thank you, Pricilla, I was afraid it might get looked in this thread.  :)