New offer in malaysia

Hi

I got offer in Malaysia as 7000 rm. Pls let me know it's Sufficient for family and how much I can save..

Depends on how large a family and what ages the children are.

Hi

I will get married on this September and planning to bring my wife with me. Please let me know 7000 is enough for us

OK, so two. The tax will be around RM 707.50 per month on normal rates. You dont say if there are any other contributory aspects of the salary e.g. health insuranace, or EPF which would increase the deductions. (First 6 months you pay flat rate 25% tax, but over payment is refundable in April 2016).

COL - RM3240 per month
Accommodation RM1500*
Utilities RM200 (includes small amount of air con.)**
Internet/TV /Phone bundle RM300
Mobile 2 x RM70
Travel 2 x RM50
Food RM1000

* average cost - actual price depends on area, size, age of property.
** electricity prices are being reduced with effect 1 March (however GST will be added from 1 April on this and lots of other things).

This budget is minimum costs and living moderately. If you want to add some eating out and entertainment to that, you will see what your savings will be. Rule of thumb is COL is about 30% higher in Malaysian than in Chennai.

The chances of your wife finding work are extremely small unless she is in IT.

Thanks for your reply . Every month i have pay 700RM. Why this much tax.
And 1 more doubt I have 4.5 experience in IT as senior developer. What is average for my experience.

Thanks,
Vidhyapathy N S

Here are the tax rates:

Tax steps on annual salary are:
0-5,000                    0%                                                 
5,000-10,000      1% RM50
10,001-20,000    1%  +RM50
20,001-35,000    5%  +RM750
35,001-50,000   10%  +RM1,500
50,001-70,000   16% +RM3,200
70,001-100,000   21% +RM6,300
100,001-250,000  24% +RM36,000
250,001-400,000  24.5% +RM36,750
Exceeding 400 000  25%  (+?)

Here is a salary guide

Link to Malaysia Salary Guide

Thanks for your valuable inputs . Its really helpful. Last question please let know where i can take house for rent. My office is @KL. I came know KL is very costly

Where in KL? Can you be more specific. Basically if you are talking about KL City Centre, there are no houses, only condos. I ask because most people dont realise KL is a tiny area and mostly they are going to be working and based in one of the suburbs.

KLCC is connected to cheaper areas by the LRT train service (north and south of the city area) and also by the Monorail which connects to Brickfields (Indian quarter). The latter might be a good idea for you because you wife will feel at home and have supplies at her fingertips plus access to many other areas, as the main train hub (Sentral) is there.

I'm not sure about exact place. This my office address 2270, Jalan Usahawan 2, 63000, Cyberjaya, Selangor, 63000, Malaysia

Thanks,
Vidhyapathy

Cyberjaya is about 40 km south of KLCC. Take a look at www.ibilik.my as apart from flat shares (not usually available to couples) some people advertise cheaper unit rentals. If you do a search on Cyberjaya you can find people who recently moved into the area. Its a bit problematic getting to Cyberjaya as it only has buses and shuttles and the former are very slow. So living outside the area is not really an option. In fact, you will probably need a motorbike or car so need to add this to your budget unless you live in a studio over one of the shopping malls.

This is a link to the special bus service that serves Cyberjaya

http://cyberjaya.name/dts.htm

So Kuala Kumpur is not near to cyberjava.  Please suggest me a place where I can take home @less/moderate cost.

And Do I need apply international driving licence in Malaysia

Some people live in Puchong or Bangi as they are on the bus lines to Cyberjaya mentioned above. Do the search on Expat.com for the word Cyberjaya cos there is some good information.

Yes you need to swap your licence for a Malaysian one if you become a resident and have an employment pass. Dont buy an international licence because they are only valid for 3 months the same as national licences. Car hire is about RM1k per month.

There is a special process - this is the one for Indians (they require current licence to be authenticated by issuing body):

1. Photocopy of the driving license duly attested by CPV Division of Ministry of External Affairs New Delhi or its Branch Offices in Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkatta or Gauhati plus one photocopy of the attested copy
2. One copy of the passport (first page, last page and current visa page).
3. The originals need to be presented for scrutiny.
4. Charges: RM 47+ RM 9.50 service fees

"With effect from 1 June 2011, the applications for above listed Other Consular Service will be received at Passport and Other Consular Services Application Centre (PCSAC) at the following address on all working days (Monday to Friday) except public holidays from 0830 hrs to 1330 hrs."

Wisma Paradise,
2nd Floor,
No. 63, Jalan Ampang,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Phone number: +60 3 2022 2644 / +60 3 2022 2646 between 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (Monday - Friday except designated holidays)
Fax No: +60 3 2022 2645
Name of contact person: Ms. Karthiga

E-mail: [email protected]
website:http://blsinternational.com/blsintl/blsindia-malaysia.com/index.php

Processing time and collection

Collection between 1500 hrs and 1700 hrs on 3rd working day from date of submission at the PCSAC.  However in case the passport was not issued in Kuala Lumpur, issue of the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) may take up to four weeks.

Go to this link on expat-blog and the posting dated 6th February 2015.

It tells you about the process after you get the driving licence authentication from the Indian High Commission service centre.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=260345

Wow great thanks . I'm feeling very comfortable to move to Malaysia

Hai again

My company  requested to submit to my all original certificate and they gonna put bond for 2 years.  Salary s around 7000 rm + accommodation. Shall I accept this offer or not

Its depend on your family size, 7000 RM is ok if company is giving you residence and convenience, the most expensive thing in Malaysia are International Schools, you need to see it first.

Minimum Salary to survive is 8000 RM but you need to see

I'm getting married on this September 2015 . I'm worried about tax and house rent only. Can you advice on the same ?

Tax is a set figure based on the annual earnings, except once you are married you will get a RM1k per year allowance for your wife on top of your RM9k personal tax-free allowance (Each kid for others also gets a RM1k additional allowance in your tax-free earnings).

Housing depends on area, age, size, condition, convenience. So what is wrong with your current location?