American applying for Long stay spouse visa to France

Hello everyone!

Here's the low down!

My fiance (french) and I (american) are soon to be married here in Paris. I'm only on a 90 day visa, therefore I have return to the US to get my spouse visa to return.

My consulate the French Embassy in DC and I have been reviewing the website for documents needed to have the visa approved. Which is here: http://www.consulfrance-washington.org/ … article470

I'm curious if there are any other Americans on this forum who had to go this route to return to France and what all documents the consulate asked for.

It states:
Copy of passport
Long stay application filled out
1 photograph (for visa)
Proof of my address (Driver's License will do)
OFII forum
Copy of Livret de famille and marriage certificate
A proof of French nationality of your spouse (national identity card or French national certificate or biometric passport, but excluding the former French national passport which not a sufficient document by itself) : (original   copy)

Does anyone know if they ask for other documents?

My husband will be supporting me for the first few months of my stay therefore would we need to show his bank statements, his pay stubs, and have letter from him stating all of this?

On top of that, I assume we will need to show proof of where he lives such as his renters contract, EDF bill, etc.

Also, I know I will need insurance until I can get on his. So, does anyone know the best available insurance that meets the requirements of what the consulate is looking for? Is says that the insurance provider needs to provide a letter that states : "you will be covered in Europe for any medical, evacuation and repatriation expenses during your whole stay. The medical expenses have to be covered for at least $40,000 or 30,000 euros."

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

bring every document you have but more importantly, smile be polite and deeply respectful and you'll be cool, oh and make the effort to be french. :)

Well.this  is  a  way  the Consulate will bring  out the  result of marriage. so that  both  will appreciate  the  meaning  of  coming  together called  marriage;;

Okay, I appreciate a response...but that isn't what I asked. I understand I need documents to prove the marriage and such, I'm asking what I need that they DON'T list on their website.

Please, anyone who can't give me an appropriate answer to the specified questions I have asked, please save us both time and don't answer.

DANIEL O OKPALAOZUMBA wrote:

Well.this  is  a  way  the Consulate will bring  out the  result of marriage. so that  both  will appreciate  the  meaning  of  coming  together called  marriage;;

:unsure 

Please stick to the topic of this thread. If you have information regarding documentation that the OP is asking about then please post the information.
Thank you.

Hi americangirl,

I am a fellow American girl getting married in Fromental, FR in february. It's been almost 2 years since your posts, in the end, did you have to provide health insurance for your long term visa appointment in the US? I have an american friend who was married in france in may 2016, and she said she did not have to provide medical insurance at her visa appointment in the US...how did you find out that you had to present medical insurance if it was not listed on the required documents list for the visa application? Your answers are VERY appreciated!

Hi American girl,
Old thread, but if you're still here, do you have any advice you could share?

My wife and I are all set to get married in Nov, so that's done.
Next, I'm an American guy and would love to get my Carte de Séjour toute suite so I can get a job and stuff.

Any and all guidance would be really really welcome.

Thank you,
Lacat

Hi!
You won't get your spouse carte de sejour before you can prove 6 months of uninterrupted married life in France.