Buying or Importing Sausage Casings

Hello all,

In the UK I used to enjoy making sausages, and I'd hope to do it here too. Only thing is I don't know where to buy sausage casings from. Does anyone know of anywhere to buy casings from? I'd be happy just to have collagen casings as Lakeland UK sell, but they appear not to stock them here.

Alternatively, I can get delivery from the UK but I don't have experience of the import customs here. I have read I require a NOC from a ministry but have no idea how I'd apply for that.

Any advice? Does anyone else buy food products abroad and have them posted? As mentioned it isn't swine guts I'm looking for, just the manufacturered collagen casings. I can very simply get halal casings if that makes it all the easier.

hi spreuce86,

if you could ask someone at the meat/poultry section of a super market they would be able to tell you, whether they get it locally or not & i am sure if anyone else has bought it locally they would reply back!

T&R

The guy at Alosra in Saar is really good, speak to him. If not then call Aramex, they will let you know if you can bring them in or not. I've shipped food and medicine using them before and they were great.

Thanks everyone. The Alosra in Saar has said they will sell me some of their casings. Result!

I'm looking forward to my first batch

awesome!!!  :top:

enjoy!!

T&R

Glad to have been of help  :D