Tough New Traffic Laws "You Have Been Warned"

"You Have Been Warned" was on the front of the GDN newpaper this morning. When i read it, i thought to myself, this was needed long time back. But i guess, its never too late.

I wonder whether it made a difference today. Did anyone notice the drivers keeping to the speed limit? or not jumping red lights? I know things wont happen overnight but it would be good to see the drivers take note of this and the severe penalties that come with the offences! I however, saw individuals using their mobiles! I saw at least 3 cars jump red lights! And i think I saw Jenson Button or Lewis Hamilton driving past me when i was on the way home. If it wasnt either of these Formula 1 drivers, then it must have been speeding drivers!!!  :D

I heard Batelco pushed out SMS' warning drivers of the new law in place.This is a good way to inform the road users as not everyone may be aware of this new traffic law.  :top: 

If this Traffic law does work here, it would be really good and it would be a pleasant place to drive...at last!! ...Only time will tell.  :whistle:

Anyone experience any changes on the road or was it just like any other day where mobiles are used while driving, jumping lights, speeding...ect  :proud

I would think with something like this a few people will rein in their behavior, but for the vast majority it will take seeing consequences actually applied to drivers for breaking the new laws.

A threat of punishment does something, but knowing you will be punished is something all together different. 

However, since my car is in about 16 different pieces now at the shop, I can't say I've driven around to see any changes.  :sick

I've seen no change - police driving without seatbelts and on mobiles yesterday....... The law has to be implemented in order to work. In order for it to work then the police have to actually do something. The police are all too lazy so nothing will change.

Nothing is said about Saudi drivers, Qatar drivers (in their own cars) and people driving on international licences.
Nothing is also said about blocking the highway as morons think moving all the way to the end of the highway to the edge of the slip road in the middle lane and then forcing their way across is normal. This just blocks all lanes. If they actually got in line, got some manners and let people in and out easily the traffic would move a lot more smoothly.

Too much winging about "how can I pay the fine on my BD100 a month salary is stupid too" If you don't do the crime then there is nothing to pay

Lastly - who is going to teach the driving instructors how to teach new drivers, cos they sure as heck haven't taught anyone to drive so far

Jo you are right on your comments and i agree with them fully.

There needs to be alot more cops on the road. Since this new Traffic law has been implemented, i've not seen one cop on the road trying to catch the offenders.! Cameras on the road? i doubt it. Not sure if its practical to install them here. They would require cleaning every 3 day or so!
Just having traffic cops out on the road when the launch of this new Traffic Law, i feel this would have informed the drivers out there, traffic laws are to be obeyed and they mean business! instead, its a case of chill out, no one will do anything, "Kaliwali"   :(

Let see what happens....  :rolleyes:

I got my driving license in Bahrain. Never driven a car before so I practically learned how to drive here. And I have to say, the driving 'instructor' did not instruct anything to me. I have to say I actually learned how to drive after I received my driving license.

The instructors and the exam system is a complete joke. Did you know the theory lesson is a 45 minute presentation session and that's it? No theory test afterwords. No nothing.

That is the main reason why we need new instructors. The ones here have probably never passed a test themselves never mind spent a year or two learning how to teach others. I remember our first drive out together after you passed your test. You were petrified that you had to drive an automatic car after learning in a manual with no help from your teacher to move you over to a different type of car. The teaching here is a joke.

I was really hoping these new laws were going to be fully enforced, especially by April when I move over, but you are not filling me with much hope anymore lol. I'm so worried about driving over there, and usually driving doesn't bother me at all, I'm sure I will be fine once I do it, but the thought of it is scaring the hell out of me!

The driving is pretty wild here, for sure.  But it isn't like the minute you set tire on road you'll be annihilated ala Mad Max.  And I would much rather drive here than some other places I have been. 

You'll be fine - even our Aussie friend who had always driven on the other side of the road before he got here was able to get it all figured out quickly.  You will see a lot of hilarious stuff as well, so don't worry about it.