Return to oman- Any legal problem

Dear Friends

I was in Muscat for one year with Saud Bahwan automotive LLC. I was in junior managerial level position and when i had qualified the Oman driving license, the company offer me a car from there own shownroom on hire purchase scheme basis. The Hire purchase loan was provided by saud bahwans internal credit team. They made me sign in few documents too. Mulkiya was in my name stating that the car is hypotheticated  to  Saud Bahwan. Monthly they provided me few riyals as car allowance and same few riyals was deducted also as Hirepurchase loam deduction.

after 1 year , Due to emergency situation in home (Mother was serious and hospitalised) I came to india and tried to extend leave. however my manager didnot allowed to extend. Since my presence was inevitable with family, i didnt came back to oman, Sent my resignation through Email and made arrangements to return car with Mulkiya to Saud Bahwan. This has happend 2 years back.

recently i got an offer of 800+family visa offer with car from a medium sized reputed co in Oman.
My Question is.....
1 whether there will be any problem in my visa clearance?
2. I heard saud bahwan create problem for resigned employees...they put unreal police cases to trap people and all..is it true?
3. Since my name is in the mulkiya, will they be able to sell that car? and if not will it make problem ; if i come to oman now and take a new car?
Thanks
Balu  :)

Hi balu3291,

Hopefully, there shouldn't be any issues now since whatever happened happened 2 years back.

Since you case is not of a serious nature (like say, criminal or any other violations of country's laws, etc), your former employer might not hold a grudge against you. What you have said about your former employer is not entirely incorrect. But obviously, such serious and false accusations are not leveled against every employee who absconds. Employees absconding is a very common occurrence. And the employers cannot go on filing false cases against each and every one who decides not to rejoin duty.

Regarding you third query, your former employer has enough clout to get rid of your car. There are processes to do so in the absence of the registered expatriate available at hand to do the needful.

As I keep repeating myself ever so often, while exiting the onus lies entirely on the expatriate employee to set his house in order before leaving the country - more so when one has ideas of returning at a later date. Else, there is always this uncertainty and warranted worries if all will go well during the return process.

Good luck.

Adding to what Mr. Sumitran has stated above, please note that as per current Omani law, an expatriate can register a maximum of  3 vehicles on his/her name. This includes 1 SUV and 2 cars OR just 3 cars.