Am worried about schools, job opp and cost of living, please reply

Hello,

We are still in the process of having the PR visa, definitely, we have millions of questions,

My Name is Mrs. Reyad, am planning to move with my family, me husband and 2 girlz

My hubby is an Illustrator and concept artist and Im an HR officer.

Am worried about schools, job opp and cost of living, anyone who can help, plz reply

Hi Mrs. Reyad,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Australia forum in order to give it much more light.

What would you like to know exactly please?

Have you tried to have a look at the Living in Australia guide please? It might help. ;)

Thanks

Priscilla

hello. I came from lebanon about 4 moths ago and i am still jobless. I have an mba in marketing and a bachelors in graphic design and 6 years of experience yet I'm sitting at home. I recommend if you don't have anything set in stone then start job hunting from before you even get here. and possibly get a name change if you names are too unaussie.

good luck

sue84 wrote:

Hello,

We are still in the process of having the PR visa, definitely, we have millions of questions,

My Name is Mrs. Reyad, am planning to move with my family, me husband and 2 girlz

My hubby is an Illustrator and concept artist and Im an HR officer.

Am worried about schools, job opp and cost of living, anyone who can help, plz reply

For cost of living www.numbeo.com This site should also give you information of school costs too.

For jobs www.seek.com.au

Australia is an expensive place to live and jobs are very hard to find, even for Australians.

I'm in Perth.

The job market is extremely tough at the moment. I have had some professional coleagues who have been out of work between 9 - 18 months. I would strongly suggest looking for possible jobs before you head over here.

Schools, vary highly from area to area. If you have picked a state to locate to, do some research into areas with good schools. Private schools are also an option depending on finances.

Cost of living can be quite high, especially in Perth.

Hi Everybody!
Me and my husband are planning to move in Sydney, Australia. We both work in software. Can anybody advice on job market in Sydney? Can anybody apply or get job from outside Australia?
Thanks in advance!

That's often hard to do so. Only option you have is to browse the organizations in your field and send your CV to them via email online contact form. Australia as well as many other countries, it's a precaution to have some milestones before traveling blindly. If your intention is to work in industry, target the companies working in relative field; and if your target is academic (I mean to work in a learning institution), then go to the Department of Computer Science of each university and contact the person in charge; most of the time you can get job if you're CV is strong enough specially if it's backed up by some practical engineers or professors.

Thanks for the answer. I can see in the Australian job portal many jobs related to my field. I work in Data mining and BI and working last 10 yrs in Europe and married to Australian citizen. We both are planing to move to Sydney depending one of us first get a job there. :)
Is there any agency also help to find job in IT?
Thanks once again!
Cheers!

Where's your current location? I know an agency called IDP, although it's mostly related to educational, but you can give it a shot. Another option is to go to AUS embassy and ask for offical agents which are recognized by them, sometimes even such agencies have flyers posted in the embassy notice board. Here's the link for IDP:

IDP

My current location is Prague. I saw your site IDP which looks mostly for applying in different universities. Thanks for it.
Cheers!
Nila

True, that was to show you an official agency. Then start to look for agencies in your district. Even if you cannot find one, agencies in other countries might have representative in your area as well.

Good luck

@nilaa

As you are married to an Australian then you will have a better chance of getting into Australia.If you have not done so already check out this website for information www.immi.gov.au  you should be able to get a spouse visa. 

Look on www.seek.com.au  for work.

Thanks for the reply! :)  Yes I will apply for sure for the spouse visa and will search a job simultaneously.
Hope getting IT job wont be that tough in Sydney as i can see lots of job advertised on the job site.
Cheers!
Nila

Nilaa,
there are jobs in Australia for those who are ready to give it a go. Obviously it is easier if you already know someone within Australia or a company.

If you are aiming for Sydney, you are right to be worried about the cost of living: it is very very high. Renting a place when you have children can be extremely costly, especially if you want to live close to the seaside. The further west you go (or South or North), the cheapest it becomes. But you then have commute times that may become a problem.
Melbourne is cheaper for sure.

Looking for an admin role is a bit of a problem now, those jobs are currently very scarce.

Laurent

Employment:  Lots of Jobs (advertised), but also lots of applicants.  The employer gets to choose the best, and reject the rest.

Cost of Education:  Between basically free ($100-300 per year) up to $30+40,000 depending on what you want.  After the first 2 years state school (free), we went middle of the road private education at about $6-10,000 per year. (depending on school year).

General Cost of Living:
It can be expensive, depending in what lifestyle you choose.  Families with a large detached house, 2 cars, children in private school, regular holidays, etc., often complain it is expensive to live an average life.  And it is, for that type of average life.  But all you need is the right income for that standard ;)

Those that choose to live outside the cities, often find the cost of living is less, much the same as other countries.