Accommodation in Muscat

Dear friends my name is Bharat Mahesh, I have got a job in a retail organization as a sales consultant and I will be moving to Muscat in the second week of February,  my place of work would be either the Muscat City Centre or the Qurum City Centre mall I would like to know the areas which are close to both of these malls in muscat where I can take a rented accommodation of 1bhk(bedroom-hall-kitchen)  flat I will be sharing the flat with one more colleague of mine my salary package is 475 OMR all inclusive  so subsequently my budget for rent is 75-100 OMR my share .What are the conditions for paying the rent do we have to for the whole year or monthly and what about the electricity and water charges.  I would be thankful enough if anybody could help me out in this regard.

Hi bharat2087,

Muscat City Center (MCC) is located in Seeb.

Qurum City Center (QCC) is in Qurum. And both are some 40-odd kilometers away from each other.

Residential neighborhoods near MCC are Al Hail, Seeb, Rusayl, etc.

Neighborhoods nearby QCC are Qurum, Al Khuwair, Madinat Al Illam, etc.

You should be able to get a sharing accommodation around here for your budgeted rent.

Rents can be paid through post-dated cheques. No need for advance payment.

Electricity and Water bills come once every 2 months, which can be paid online or through the payment machines / booths placed in malls and other public places. You can also pay your utility bills through bank ATMs.

Don't worry too much about these things ! Once you come here you will find everything relatively easy and simple.

Good luck.

My Name is Israr,
Presently I am staying in Hotel near  AL Falaj shopping centre,
I am looking for a single Room attached kitchen and bathroom on rent.
if available pls mail me on [email protected]

Hello Israr

To increase your chances to find a nice rental, I invite you to drop an advert in our Housing in Muscat section of the forum

Kenjee
Expat.com team