Paying rent from international bank account

A question for anyone who pays rent by international bank transfer.....

My bank doesn't allow transfer in VND -- I can transfer to Vietnam, but just not in VND.
My landlord wants VND.
Anyone encountered a similar scenario and have any advice?
I don't have a local account.

Vietnamese people cannot have an account in USD at any bank . I use ATM to withdraw money in VND to pay rent and other things It is expensive but it is the only way I know. I just open at BiDV 2 accounts in VND and USD(I'm from USA). So now  I can xfer to my USD account then convert to VND in my VND account.

I'm in Vietnam but don't have a local account, so I want to transfer from my home country, but the iBanking system from my home bank doesn't allow transfer of VND (I can transfer money here, but just in another currency). The landlord isn't an individual, it's a big nationwide company so it's not as simple as just chatting with him and sorting out an agreement. They don't want to operate in cash, and even if they did, the agreement is 3 monts rent at a time -- with the low daily limit on ATM transactions, that's a pain in the proverbial! I have the cash set aside actually, and that would my last resort, but I've sorted something out by transfering to another account I have in another country that does allow VND transactions.....there'll be quite a few fees, but it's ok.

Perhaps I'll arrange a dollar account here in a local bank -- is that something that's easy to arrange??

I have both a dollar and  a VND accounts  at BiDV, Hanoi branch, hoan kiem lake. transfer money to dollar account from oversea, then move it to the VND account.then you pay your rent by bank transfer .

VietNam is in the world region where the US Dollar is the international currency. In Europe it is the Euro. Any funds transferred here are first converted into US Dollars (bank charges) then transmitted here (SWIFT + bank charges), and after arrival converted into Dong (exchange rate ripoff) - in other words the banks screw you, hard.

To transfer money from an overseas account involves the use of SWIFT - the bankers money transfer system. All transfers are copies to the US 'security' system.

It is far better to transfer from a VN Dong account to another Dong account. OR you could make a deposit to the LL's account - which is great because you have Third Party proof of payment AND the landlords contact information (should he skip with your deposit).

Since you fill in the deposit slip it is YOU who can write the reason for payment (i.e. Rent for xxxx for 123 Ding Knoi, Apartment 42).

If you make a deposit a bank or branch that is different from the LL's, you will be charged a small fee for 'transfers' - even if the accounts are running on the same computer! You have the choice of paying extra or deducting from deposit for the transfer fee.

VNese can hold Dong and Dollar accounts - my wife has both - where justification meets the SBV criteria.

where are you?just go to jewelry & gold store they can exchange  for you or any bank but lower price ,not much