Colombians in the Netherlands

Hi everyone!!
I am Melissa from the Netherlands.
My boyfriend is from Colombia and he would like to study in the Netherlands. He only got his highschool certificate, but the university is not able to tell him if he can enter with that certificate. Now I am searching for the living proof. Is there anyone here that entered a university with just a highschool (bachiller academico) certificate?
I hope someone can  help me out:)

Well I am actually studying at Leiden, though they were very specific about their requirements, and in my case I went to uni for a year which it can be equal to an international high school diploma, so I am afraid with only a (bachiller academico) certificate is insufficient to enter uni, but I would also suggest to check out each program requirements, they tell you exactly what they expect from the student on an academic level.
hope this helps somehow and good luck!!

Thank you for your answer!!  Do you study at the science university or at the university of applied sciences?
And what course did you do?
Or did you just study one yeae thea colombian university?

No worries  at all! I am in leiden university itself, I studied Law for a year in Colombia, but I repeat you should guys check the requirements of the program that attracts your boyfriend the most, and then apply

Yes,  we checked the requirements and because  my boyfriend wants to study at a university of applied sciences,  the requirements are not to strickt. He needs to have a certificate equal to the dutch 'HAVO' certificate, so I think that should be fine.  And otherwise we can check if we can find a study where he can be admitted with one year colombian university as well.
Your answer was really helpfull,  thank you!!