Good quality, good range of meat

Could someone steer me in the right direction of a good quality butcher's? I know there was a discussion on here four years ago, but just wondered where the best place to buy a good range of meat is now? Some recommended Prime Cuts in Village Market but there are a disturbing number of dodgy reviews online. Apart from beef/lamb/goat, I'd love to find some good pork belly. Any thoughts? Many thanks. C

My husband and I visit Gilani Butchery at ABC Place, off of Waiyaki Way - great range of meats and cuts with very friendly staff and owners.

Many thanks Ash

C

We were never disappointed by the butchery at Adams arcade off Ngong Rd. Their osso bucco is top. Very decent mbuzi too. However we don't eat pork so I'm not sure about that but they are very helpful. You might get some pork belly on order.
Otherwise I can only think of city market. I know there's a butcher who has pork halves hanging on hooks. Anyway everything we bought from city market was very decent quality.

gilanis is the way to go

For the last 14 years, I have been buying my meat from Midway Butchery at Valley Arcade shopping centre on Gitanga road.  They have good quality meat and the Butchery is clean and smells clean.  However, they do not sell pork. 

You can get very good lean pork pieces at Meaty's Butchery (I think thats the name) they have outlets in most Nakumatt supermarkets, in this case I am referring to the one at Junction Mall.

You could also try the one at Yaya shopping mall, they also make homemade sausages and do sell pork.

Farmers choice do supply lean pork and you can either go to their outlets or buy from major supermarkets.

Another good butchery (not sure of the name) is in Westlands next to the Post Office, only issue here is its difficult to find a parking but their meat is quite good, similar to Midway Butchery (see 1st paragraph).  Not sure if they sell pork.

Steer clear of butcheries at City Market, Adams Arcade, Kenya Meat Commission, there is one on Argwings Kodhek road (close to Yaya centre), you will be disappointed.   If you want to give City Market a try, I would recommend them for fresh tilapia fish fillets (depends on who you go to).  They do sell pork but most of their pork pieces have thick layers of fat well unless you ask them to trim the fat off.

I ended up settling for Midway Butchery after trying several butcheries.

And when you want some organic vegetables and fruits, Check out Inseason Fruits & vegetables, they have the best quality. Thanks

If you can stand the city market stench,  all you desire meatwise will be fulfilled but the foul stench!!😷😷😷is  soooo overpowering.

Thanks very much for your time, FemiB

Thanks Rageena for taking so much time. C

Thanks Sheekoh

Cheers Njulafrica

One at Yaya centre Good pork cuts but pricy

Prime cuts without doubt.

Try the city market, there is an Asian Muslim guy who has a butchery in the first right hand side shop as you enter the market from the right door. His mobile contact is 0722 523 055. Also if you want chicken & Gas there is this guy who does home delivery and he sells a 1.5 kg chicken at 400/= pp. I don't know if he will deliver outside CBD but ask him 0721 170 537. Best of luck- Esmail Waliji