Bad experiences in Philippines - The cons in this country?

Hi everybody! I post this topic because I would like understand better the cons in this country .

spunk wrote:

Hi everybody! I post this topic because I would like understand better the cons in this country .

So you live in Italy, want to move to Indonesia, and want to know bad things about The Philippines and Panama?

That is a vague question. Whether something is a "pro" or a "con" in another country will depend on where you are coming from. What are the "cons" of where you currently at? You might want to say something about yourself. Do you prefer city or provincial? In general, what kind of lifestyle do you want to have?

I met a guy in Baguio City where I was spending three summer months in the late 90's.

When he found out I was a blackjack dealer in the USA, he invited me back to his house to meet his brother, a blackjack dealer in Manila.

After tedious chit-chat that became interminable, the brother finally "showed his cards."  He wanted to teach me how to cheat so he could take down a high-roller he'd been introduced to, in an unlicensed game of 21 in the mark's Baguio hotel room.

It took me about 10 seconds tops to envision some unwholesome scenarios that were possible if this scheme went sideways, maybe five seconds to consider just how unethical this idea was.

I dreamed up some excuse to leave the brothers' home and hot-footed it out of there before I could be exposed to further details of the planned shenanigans.

cccmedia, Quito, Ecuador

1 a second same as every were in Asia.  Never get in a card game with trike or taxi drivers they do not loose.  Do not buy gold here or maps to buried gold.  Unless from a reputable store.  Watch for internet scams, every one has a dream to sell you here.  Same as all over the world.  Sell a vehicle cash the check before the vehicle leaves your sight.  Same O same O the world over.

cccmedia wrote:

I met a guy in Baguio City where I was spending three summer months in the late 90's.

When he found out I was a blackjack dealer in the USA, he invited me back to his house to meet his brother, a blackjack dealer in Manila.

After tedious chit-chat that became interminable, the brother finally "showed his cards."  He wanted to teach me how to cheat so he could take down a high-roller he'd been introduced to, in an unlicensed game of 21 in the mark's Baguio hotel room.

It took me about 10 seconds tops to envision some unwholesome scenarios that were possible if this scheme went sideways, maybe five seconds to consider just how unethical this idea was.

I dreamed up some excuse to leave the brothers' home and hot-footed it out of there before I could be exposed to further details of the planned shenanigans.

cccmedia, Quito, Ecuador

Is there any place in the world that this does NOT happen?