Wish to move to Montenegro from UK. Share your experience with us

Hi guys,
My husband and I are thinking of relocating to Montenegro from the UK with our 6 year old daughter, perhaps this or next year, depending of job prospects. I was born in Montenegro, but brought up in Serbia, and speak and write both Serbian and English, while my husband speaks only English. We are both British citizens, as well as our daughter.

I am a musician and I think I'd be able to find job sooner or later with gigs and teaching, as my instrument is very rare in Montenegro and, as far as I know there isn't anyone teaching it in schools. I have experience of starting from zero and building up work in different countries. As for my husband, he works in hotel industry, anything from chef to front of house and managerial, but he can speak only English. He has excellent people skills too.

I own a pretty remote holiday home in Durmitor (cut off during winter and spring because of snow), so to work and live we would have to look somewhere on the coast first.

From your experience what chance do we have to make it? We'd like to give it a go before we get too old.

Thank you

Hello Banjoharp! :)

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Montenegro forum to help you get getter visibility and tips from members.

I invite you to browse through the threads on the different sub sections of the forum to gather some useful infos to get to know the country and general condition of living.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

February and the next Month would be great for your husband to look for the job in some Hotel on the coast. I will not write you anything positive or negative. I moved out of Montenegro recently.

Wish you all the best!