Help - best mobile - internet connections in Malta

Hi

Weve finally done it and booked an arrival date in Malta - no more return flights for us!

At the moment we have two mobiles and a tablet through the EE network over here. Anyone know if we can have all this unblocked and could use it in Malta - if so how?

Who is best for Comms and Internet in Malta - we will make the odd call back to UK and Spain but otherwise all will be local, the tablet needs internet for skype, whats app etc.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

yes ring ee and they will unlock them all for you .. if your contract is less than 1 year old they will charge you 19 pound else its free

i would reccomend vodafone or go
i have vodafone on contract and get 4g internet and its really useful

Interesting, are you using vodafone for your internet as my son did that in Australia and had his laptop connect through his mobile, so never had a landline and he said is was cheaper for him than to buy a landline package.
Or do you have a landline too?

Hey rob, is there something wrong with melita ? i was planning to go with them as they seemed the cheapest, but maybe their network is crap ?

No I use go at home but 4g when traveling round island

I haven't used Melita, but that was because they wanted far too much stuff and a huge deposit for home internet and the mobile SIM cards aren't available in as many places as go and Vodafone

I use to go at home and it's pretty good considering
And Vodafone contact for my phone 4g is available througout the island but better coverage in the lower north and south

g4jnw wrote:

Interesting, are you using vodafone for your internet as my son did that in Australia and had his laptop connect through his mobile, so never had a landline and he said is was cheaper for him than to buy a landline package.
Or do you have a landline too?

I have home broadband but don't use a landline ... My phone is easier lol

Melita is best for internet/landline but they may ask for a deposit. Refundable when you get eResidence card.
Go - for mobile.

GO is great. My brother gave me his old Samsung, 5€ for 500 mgb and I tethered it to my iPad thru android hotspot. Voila. Internet and phone  is spectacular here compared to the rip off that occurs in no-competition Canada.

Mobile / mobile internet: Vodafone. Similar or same prices as Melita/Go, but Vodafone allow you to keep unused traffic and add it to the subsequent period. For example, if you subscribe to 100 MB per week but you use only 50 MB, you'll start the next week with 150 MB, and so on.

This even applies to the Top Up & Get offers where you get free call minutes, free text messages and/or free internet when you top up. If you top up again within 30 days of your previous top up, you'll have the new free stuff added on top of the unused freebies.

just looked at my last months usage on my home broadband (uk) and I used 54 gb which would probably be expensive on a mobile but not sure - I pay here £32 per month and that includes unlimited broadband and all day usage of the phone unlimited.
Not sure how this compares with Malta but as mentioned I may not be able to get Landline home phone and broadband without a deposit till I had residency.
I stream TV quite a bit so thats why my usage is high I guess.

Melita are top notch in my opinion for the internet package  - i used skype for phone calls  as well melita  very cheap.

dont even think of taking a local tv package  - you will be bored within 3 month

i did however prefer go for the local mobiles coverage

I stream tv on go no problems it's limitless Internet and no deposit was required

E24 per month, Melita. deposit is refundable. I use it for  hour son end, all TV etc and very cheap calls worldwide.
E0.03 per minute.

Internet: http://www.melita.com/personal/internet/packages/

Bundle: http://www.melita.com/personal/internet … ny-bundle/

Toon wrote:

dont even think of taking a local tv package  - you will be bored within 3 month

That long?!?!   :)

Go stars is ok for movie lovers but the rest of channels I hardly use lol