Contract violation by company

Dear Sir,
I have an agreement paper through which my company recruited me. But after few months they are intending to reduce manpower and terminate us from the project. There are no negetive issues against us and we have agreement paper. Now in that connection what can we do and what is the procedure to claim our rights. Please inform us in details. We also go an hidden info that the company get 10 labour visa against my engineering position. Please inform me as urgent as possible. thx

Hello,

1.Why do you say contract violated by your company..?
There will be a standard clause saying Termination of conteract after one month notice - this is mutual.
Is it there in your contract..? Are you given a month of notice..?

2. Is your contract position Temp. (fixed duration) or permanent..?
If you ae terminated without notice and have a fixed term contract  - you can approach Court to get paid for balance months pay left in the contract duration.

Hope this helps.

aniljoshi wrote:

Hello,

1.Why do you say contract violated by your company..?
There will be a standard clause saying Termination of conteract after one month notice - this is mutual.
Is it there in your contract..? Are you given a month of notice..?

2. Is your contract position Temp. (fixed duration) or permanent..?
If you ae terminated without notice and have a fixed term contract  - you can approach Court to get paid for balance months pay left in the contract duration.

Hope this helps.

Actually I am from bangladesh and they have deployed me as an engineer. My contract period is 24 months with the company (fixed term) but they are terminating us before the date expired. Then how they can give notice before 24 months. We have agreement paper. Please let us also know if there is any contact address of the court or phone no to get further help.

Hi Devconoe,

There should be a clause in your contract terms of a probationary period, which is 3 months as per the labour laws. Within the first 3 months, the employer or the employee can terminate agreements without a notice time. Beyond the probationary period, the employer will have to give you a notice time of 1 month.

Do you have such a term in your contract ??

Rammy87 wrote:

Hi Devconoe,

There should be a clause in your contract terms of a probationary period, which is 3 months as per the labour laws. Within the first 3 months, the employer or the employee can terminate agreements without a notice time. Beyond the probationary period, the employer will have to give you a notice time of 1 month.

Do you have such a term in your contract ??

thx to rammy,
It is my 6th months I am working here. If they can terminate agreement easily then why we are making agreement amongst ourself. Then verbal working was enough. still I do not receive any notice and one of my friends receives 1 month notice.
Yes we have such a term you mentioned. Now what can we do please inform.

If you have a line manager or someone who you report to, ask them to take it up with your senior management ..... Ask them for a one month notice... It might be difficult to get a job within Oman in such cases..... It might be worth looking for options elsewhere .... Maybe Dubai

That means there are no benefits of contract agreement. My senior upline also terminated without any reason.

devconoe wrote:

That means there are no benefits of contract agreement. My senior upline also terminated without any reason.

Usually, local companies terminate employees with a prior notice of 1 month, however the immediate terminations happen, mostly due to ethical issues (which is not your case).
In general, all over Oman, the contract agreements state that "the company can terminate an employee without any justification, however the notice period of a month would be granted". Hence, you can't typically complaint about it. All you can do is to approach your HR and ask them the reasons of your termination (I understand that you (In specific) have not received a termination letter but you're afraid of getting one).

But if you don't have a termination clause in your contract agreement, then you can approach the court and can legally demand to pay the actual amount, pertaining to the contract tenure.

You're indeed correct in a way that usually in Gulf, the contract agreements worth nothing but a piece of paper or probably just a legal formality.

schaz wrote:
devconoe wrote:

Usually, local companies terminate employees with a prior notice of 1 month, however the immediate terminations happen, mostly due to ethical issues (which is not your case).
In general, all over Oman, the contract agreements state that "the company can terminate an employee without any justification, however the notice period of a month would be granted". Hence, you can't typically complaint about it. All you can do is to approach your HR and ask them the reasons of your termination (I understand that you (In specific) have not received a termination letter but you're afraid of getting one).

But if you don't have a termination clause in your contract agreement, then you can approach the court and can legally demand to pay the actual amount, pertaining to the contract tenure.

You're indeed correct in a way that usually in Gulf, the contract agreements worth nothing but a piece of paper or probably just a legal formality.

Hi All,

Adding to what schaz has mentioned here, the options open for employees to contest any decisions (fair or unfair) of the employers with either the Ministry of Manpower or the Royal Oman Police is seldom fruitful.

Language barrier can be cited as the single most important reason, as most expatriate employees do not read, write or speak Arabic. And all official dealings are only in Arabic. This puts the employees at a great disadvantage.