Postal Service

Does any member have any experience with the postal service in Malta?  Either positive or negative.   I was sent a registered letter from E.Europe 6/1/2015 and still haven't received either letter or notification.  Also others seem to have gone astray!
Comments please....solutions would be good.

I have received a registered letter last Tuesday after it had been posted in Estonia the previous Friday.

For missing items, ask the sender to contact the local post service. They should be able to trace the item or at least determine its last known location.

A solution would be to use DHL instead because the item would always stay with DHL, which should make tracking easier.

Ozchook wrote:

Does any member have any experience with the postal service in Malta?  Either positive or negative.   I was sent a registered letter from E.Europe 6/1/2015 and still haven't received either letter or notification.  Also others seem to have gone astray!
Comments please....solutions would be good.

How do you know its the Malta postal service that's the problem?

If it was sent as registered post then its the sender that needs to track it via the post office it was posted at.

I have only positive comments with regard to Malta post and have always found them very professional.

One of the few Maltese entities that I can say that about!

Terry

i have to agree with Terry on this one - nothing but superb service in my experiences over 6 years

I too have to say that every single letter and parcel that I was expecting to receive from mainland Europe, USA and also from Malta arrived on time and intact.

And that for the last 6 years ! A very professional service.

Cheers
Ricky

I've sent and received letters and parcels and they got home without a glitch. I go further and say often beating my high expectations.

I haven't sent/received any registered letters though.

not had a lot of problems sending and recieveing letters , also sent a recorded delivery letter and it go there ok

No problems, excellent service. I'd assume it was the sender's service at fault before that of Malta.

bought some stuff from amazon.uk (sipped by amazon) on 21.12., they split them up in 3 different parcels and shipped them on 3 different days
i got the note from malta post od 2.2. that they have 3 packages for me
call me crazy, but that is waaaay to long

also bought something from Greece with tracking number, on web says exit Greece  and entered malta on 28.12. malta post claims they dont have my package
on 15.1. The postman brought it finally

first couple of packages where always fast delivered, my recent experience is - awfull

Not sure how parcels are sent to Malta (air, land transport or a mixture of both)?

If some are sent via land transport from  the mainland then the fact that there has been no ferry service for a month is going to slow things down!

Terry

On the contrary this time it was definitely Malta Post for the missing registered letter.  It has arrived in Malta but no one seems able to find it since end of January.    Left Russia safely (rarely I can say that) and is definitely somewhere on the Island....still tracking so far.
On another note DHL (in the same week) also disappointed with a parcel sent from Australia.  In spite of living in a well known street, (admittedly not all townhouses with numbers but it wasn't rocket science if you looked at adjoining houses) the parcel was not delivered until I put another trace on the tracking number.  Even then the very young driver coming a second time,  couldn't locate me until I stepped into the road to announce myself.  It just wasn't good enough.  So am pleased everyone else has good things to say about both these entities, but this has been my experience this month....some things change...

I'm usually okay. Had a parcel from Amazon delivered in 3 days once! Just received a parcel from UK in 6 days.

Ozchook wrote:

On another note DHL (in the same week) also disappointed with a parcel sent from Australia.  In spite of living in a well known street, (admittedly not all townhouses with numbers but it wasn't rocket science if you looked at adjoining houses) the parcel was not delivered until I put another trace on the tracking number.  Even then the very young driver coming a second time,  couldn't locate me until I stepped into the road to announce myself.

Does the building have a "residence name"? If so, use that instead of (or in addition to) the number.

Considering the repeated problems you're having, I would verify that my address is in the MaltaPost database. To do so, go to postcodes.maltapost.com, enter town and street and then try to locate your residence. Even if it shows up the page may give you additional addressing information.

We've sent a box to Russia and it's arrived after 20 days

Normally a letter from England takes 5 days, but a Xmas card posted well within the "last post before Xmas" deadline didn't arrive until 2nd February this year - unusual, I'd say.