Buying a farm in Fiji.

Hi there,
My plan is to buy a farm in Fiji to plant cash crop like tobacco and permanent trees like
coconuts and fruit trees like Longan, rambutan and lanzones. Also papaya and pineapple, etc.
for cash. I need a good cash outflow to form a Dramatics Club there in Fiji.

This week I will write the Fiji Embassy for the requirements and thru my research it is best
to get a Permanent Resident in Fiji before buying or Native Lease farm.
I am an avid farmer back in Davao City and I know about coconuts and fruit trees.
I am inclined to be in Sagitoka because the Real Estate Hardys has a few offer
which attracts me like: like  about 9 to 13 hectares, one is near the beach etc. and
affordable too.

My question for this occasion:1) About how much is Native Lease which is about, say 40 acres, or about 16 hectares.

Question 2) Can I "Stay on the farm workers? like a whole family?
Q3) How much is the pay of farm workers? (I know some clerks receive about 2 to 3 dollars per hour.)

That's it for now. Thanks everyone.
Yours truly,
Hans -

Good idea bro. I will asist you anyway.my POC email [email protected]

I have a fruit farm in Fiji, near Rakiraki town.

I highly recommend that newcomers to Fiji rent for a while before buying property.  You'll learn so much from local people, and get the best deals.

Land prices vary greatly depending on soil quality, terrain, and access to towns/cities.  Viti Levu islands tends to be a more expensive than other islands, but not outrageously expensive.  My guess is that 40 acre native or crown lease in the Sigatoka valley would sell for $50,000 FJ ($25,000 US), but that's just a guess.

Farm labourers earn approximately $3/hr ($1.50/hr US), but skilled labour might cost $4-5/hr.

You might have problems getting a work permit for yourself in Fiji unless you're hiring enough people (creating jobs) or doing something other than common farming.  Like most countries, Fiji doesn't want foreigners taking jobs away from Fiji citizens.