Moving to canada

am mehfuz from ethiopia.am graduate of construction technology and managment from Addis ababa university and i have assesed and registerd  for temporary canada work visa .i know canada needs many graduate construction engineer.i have 2 year experience and couldnot get employer yet even if i hv applied for many jobs there..i have posted my cv in canada cv builder site.how can i get work and employed there?who can surely hire me??thank you for ur help..and you can contact me @[email protected] and mob.no.+251910121776

am mehfuz from ethiopia.am graduate of construction technology and managment from Addis ababa university and i have assesed and registerd  for temporary canada work visa .i know canada needs many graduate construction engineer.i have 2 year experience and couldnot get employer yet even if i hv applied for many jobs there..i have posted my cv in canada cv builder site.how can i get work and employed there?who can surely hire me??thank you for ur help..and you can contact me @[email protected] and mob.no.+251910121776

Hello mafi1973,

Jobs do not grow on trees, not even in Canada. The sub-prime crisis and European credit crisis have negatively impacted the economies of countries all around the globe and Canada certainly was not spared from this.

While there is economic growth in some parts of Canada, there isn't much in other parts of the country. Jobs are hard to find for many Canadian citizens so it's not going to be any easier for newcomers to Canada or those wishing to come here.

Canada's largest cities, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver have for decades been the preferred destination for almost all of those who have immigrated to this country. In those cities it's going to be harder still to find work since you will be competing not only with everyone else who has immigrated here and is looking for work, but you'll also have to contend with all those Canadians who are unemployed or underemployed.

Look for jobs in other cities than those mentioned, keep sending out your CV and be patient. That's all you can do.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team