Civil Status Dept. Family Record in Cairo

My ex divorced me at Ministry of Justice, I was not there as I live in USA . I received the papers, in Arabic , and English and stamped off by the American Consulate in Cairo to show the Egyptian stamps were authentic.

Later my ex went to the Civil Status Dept.  The Family Record showed his current wife ( which was his first wife,  he divorced her, married me, then he married her again WHILE we were still married)....... okay... my question is, Why does it only show their current marriage?   Why does it not show his first marriage to her, then me, and her again?  It also shows their children on it.  I was told this record should show all his marriages and divorces, has something changed in Egypt?

He is Muslim, I'm Christian, had a Irrevocable divorce at M of J in Cairo......

Wow  thats confusing   I  thought   She   Would have  had  to marry another man then come   Back   To   You x hubby  and  marry   Him
It   Must be  very  distressing   For  you
Good  luck  finding  someone  just for you
You  deserve   That  happiness
Cheers

Anyway   There is all marriages on that   Certificate that  i noticed   On mine

Hi so lost
Im sorry to hear that from u …..but any way I can tell u some notes about ur questions :
1-    the family record in Egypt for egyptian issued from the the Egyptian ministry of interior – civil status dept …. But any matter related of the Egyptian's married from foreigners ( marry – divorce … etc ) its recorded at the Ministry of Justice – foreigners' married office …. If the marry is registered there before .
2-    may be the all what u ask about it's the matter of dates & update the information … if u inbox me a more details I can tell u if that's right or not .
3-    do u have a problem do proof that u was married for ur ex ? …. I think u r not  ….. u have an official documents from the egyptian authorities confirm that legal situation .

ok …. If u need any help … don't hesitate to ask .

best regards

Thank you for all the wonderful replies.

My main goal is to make sure we are divorced. And that he is only married to his first and current wife, the same woman.....

al rowaad    I sent you a private message   :)

quonying wrote:

Wow  thats confusing   I  thought   She   Would have  had  to marry another man then come   Back   To   You x hubby  and  marry   Him
It   Must be  very  distressing   For  you
Good  luck  finding  someone  just for you
You  deserve   That  happiness
Cheers

I thought so too, its so confusing.........  but I'm out of it now, and so much happier...  :)

al rowaad wrote:

Hi so lost
Im sorry to hear that from u …..but any way I can tell u some notes about ur questions :
1-    the family record in Egypt for egyptian issued from the the Egyptian ministry of interior – civil status dept …. But any matter related of the Egyptian's married from foreigners ( marry – divorce … etc ) its recorded at the Ministry of Justice – foreigners' married office …. If the marry is registered there before .
2-    may be the all what u ask about it's the matter of dates & update the information … if u inbox me a more details I can tell u if that's right or not .
3-    do u have a problem do proof that u was married for ur ex ? …. I think u r not  ….. u have an official documents from the egyptian authorities confirm that legal situation .

ok …. If u need any help … don't hesitate to ask .

best regards

IF I went back to Egypt, can I get the paper from the M of J....  our marriage was performed at M of J,  and our divorce was at the Ministry of Justice.... so would they have the paper showing me as an EX wife???  or is what I have all I need to prove mainly to myself, he did not take me back without me knowing.    He divorced me April 2013  and this paper if from September 2013

quonying wrote:

Anyway   There is all marriages on that   Certificate that  i noticed   On mine

May I ask, which dept issued your paper??