Cost of living in Spain , Barcelona

Hi All,

I was looking for people living or visited Barcelona,  I might get an opportunity to go on work there, can you please help me get an idea on cost of living, Salary to ask. I will be the first person to go from my family and do not have idea so looking out for help.

Thanks in advance,
Pavan

Hello

I am no expert on the cost of living in Barcelona although I am a regular visitor mainly for football!

I come from and live in London most of my time however spend as much time as I can in Spain  and I still have connections with the South and the Costa Blanca.

Compared to London, Barcelona is a very compact city with everything within easy reach. The Metro is fantastic and extremely cheap so getting around is no problem at all.  If you arrive at Terminal 2 at Barcelona Airport  there is a fast  surface train link right into the centre and there are buses and trams in thecCity as well although the Metro is the way to go. They are building a new metro line L9/L10 which will connect from both terminals at airport although construction has been much delayed.

When I shop in Barcelona for day to day things I find it much cheaper than London but that is no surprise.  Having made many friends in Barcelona they tell me that accommodation rental costs are much lower than they used to be which seems common throughout Spain because of austerity. Like everything it is best to do your research and shop around but costs are reasonable but they are of course relative. What seems cheap to me is an opinion not likely to be shared by people in Barca and Spain generally.

It is a beautiful city and I would imagine is a great place to live, fiercely independent of course and full of tourists like me!

Hope this helps.