Nacala, Mozambique

Hi all,
I am currently mulling over a job offer which will involve me leaving the UK to move to Nacala, Mozambique. It is proving very difficult to find any up to date information on Nacala. Can anybody give me a small insight into the area, the people and way of life in Nacala, is I considered a good safe place to live, any information would be most appreciated
Many thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

Do yourself a favor and come and have a look first. Some love Moz and others despise the place.

All depends on the rotation, accommodation etc

Nacala is really a tiny town with nothing much to do, but I'm sure you'd meet up with some drinking buds very soon.

Safe enough I guess, petty crime but nothing violent.

Mozambique is generally expensive to live in, accommodation and eating out are exhorbitant.

Anyway drop me a line if you need more specific info

Hi there,

many thanks for your reply, from what i can gather then the place is an OK place to live, you kind of answered one of my questions saying i would meet some drinking buds, i pressume this means there are bars readily available for a beer.
Ii i take up the offer I will be working in the port so will be looking to set up camp somewhere close by in a friendly neighbourhood if at all possible. I am not looking for the fast hurly burly life just a nice friendly place with a couple of bars where i can have a laugh and a beer and if at all possible a game of darts.
many thanks for your reply and any further info would be much appreciated
Mark

Hi mark!
Im living in nacal right now
Im from sweden and here for work

Its a boring town haha but nice work!!

Hi Mark

The town is so small that the entire place is neighborhood. Don't worry. U hv more than a couple of bars and
eateries. Good beaches nearby to enjoy weekends.
Social life is restricted to one's friends and not much to do otherwise.
Cost of living is really exhorbitant. Insist for accommodation and transport from your employers.

Hi Mark, just repeating what lakshmants58 wrote, basically that sums it up. The beaches are great for the weekends and yes social life is certainly restricted. Everything costs a fortune but nothing much to spend your money on anyway apart from food and drink.