How many of you are bloggers ?and what you blog about ?

I am just curious as I see a lot of bloggers are around here in Dubai. I am just wondering how many of you are real bloggers. I would like to know few things.

1. What is you blog name and URL.
2. Which platform you use for blogging (eg: wordpress, joomla, blogger)
3. What do you blog about ?

:cool:

Hello Mohammed

I am a family travel blogger, I blog at babyglobetrotters.net - I like to talk about family travel as an expat and family specific issues for expats.

I use wordpress.com currently as my platform and very happy with it, then I purchase the domain name on top to personalise it. When I am feeling a bit braver with the technology side of things I will upgrade to wordpress.org.

Are you a blogger or looking to get set up?

Regards
Keri (the mum behind the Baby Globetrotters bump)

Yes ofcourse I run blog too. :D thats the first thing made me to ask about blog.

you have a very nice blog. Full or rich content. you must be getting lot of visitors.
I post some random stuffs nothing related to a specific topic. some times travel, some times life, sometimes photography etc.  How many visitors you get in each month ?

Unfortunately great content is not nearly enough in the blog world.  You need to decide if you're blogging for pleasure to be read by family and friends, or do you want a broader following and readership.

Only established writers can really get away with writing on an eclectic mix of subjects. If you want to professionalise and attract more visitors, I suggest you choose a niche to begin with; look what other bloggers in your field are doing, connect with them across a broad range of social media, engage with them (by commenting, sharing, retweeting etc), then they will engage back.

There are a lot of blogs dedicated to teaching other bloggers too and you can join communities with fellow bloggers to exchange ideas.

I have been blogging on my babyglobetrotters site for over a year but only really focused on it and spreading the word since December and my traffic has significantly improved but I'm still working on it, the focus up to now has been content but I really need to do more on the social media marketing and engagement (hence now listing myself on sites like this so I can be found!).

Hope that helps you Mohammed, good luck.