Thinking of coming over in an old transit van

Hi looking to make an initial visit around easter time for a week or two with a friend who has been before to look at a few areas but initially ruse as we have another friend there already.

We were thinking of coming over in an old transit van and seeing if we could offset costs by bringing some stuff over and maybe sell the van and fly back.

Is that a better idea do you think than flying and hiring as then we get to have a look across Europe too.

Hi I am not 100% so please check, I heard that when anybody comes over in a car/van whatever your passport is stamped showing you have come in by car, then when you get to the airport, you may encounter a few questions regards the wherabouts of the vehicle? (just something I had read on a personal blog, but again I also spoke to a guy who comes over in 4 x 4's with caravans, sells the caravans over in BG and buy's old Lancia's and sells them on E-bay?)
Either way just be aware of it.
Regards Steve.

Hi Jamiewilson and welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Bulgaria forum for more visibility and for a better interaction with the other members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

that's interesting, can you send me a link to this blog ?

yes is good idea i have brought several over but at moment the idea is to use my iveco daily then sell or get return load to cover costs for return trip as ihave other stuff to bring down to byala ruse, i would sooner fly back really then by other van preferably transit  they sell ok over here as long as reasonable nik and useable plus not too dear where are you heading for  regards Philipflights at moment off peak  only £29 sofia /luton, hand luggage only (ie large lap top bag0

Hello Jamie ,

It's a lot cheaper to come by flight and rent a car ( about 10 pound a day ) . Selling your old van will give very little money !!
                                                    Axinia

good vehicle to sell here  just take a small profit, at £700 you should have no problem ,pretty easy to put on Bg plates or let purchaser do that

you do not get stamps on pass port in eec now all electronic