Concerning about Carte de sejour

hi everyone, my carte de sejour has been expired for 5 months now and staying maximum in france almost over! my husband had contacted the prefecture til now no answer from them! what to do now?

I see that you have not met the French administration firsthand. I've been there and abandoned the whole idea of getting a carte de séjour. (I decided to stay on my British passport, rather than the Canadian.) If they haven't phoned back in 5 months, they aren't going to do so before your visa expires. Frankly, I'm sorry if I offend any French people on this site, but it's really the exceptional civil servant here who cares. 

You can try to phone 3939 Allô Service Public for the real information.

Actually, this is my 3rd year of renewing and before i stayed in the area of Charente Maritime and did my carte de sejour there before i moved to Bordeaux. I guess the problem is because since we moved to a new place or we have a new adress makes it complicated? but we already did everything like calling, send a letter and email them too. About calling them, it's another problem too, difficult to get through and there's no person we can contact about this matter, they just asked us to email them. So after that, how long do i have to wait for that again for them to response? i hope i will not get penalty for this...!

Hi

That's why I think you should call 3939 rather than the prefecture because they can tell you what your rights are in this situation.

Try to go to the prefecture instead of calling or even writing them.
Take all necessary papers with you.
Good luck

yes, agree with Shainake.. i had the same issue, try to renew my carte de sejour by calling them and never answered, but once i come directly to the prefecture, they gave the answer.

thanks all! Finally i received a respond letter from them and looks like i have to do it all over again hmm..well lets see how long will it take for having it renew again ... :huh:

good, happy for you, and hopefuly it wont take very long.
Would you share here when you ve done it and how long it takes?
I would love to know too, thanks in advance.

yea sure..no probleme  ;) will update soon..

Hello i read your post about renewing your carte de sejour , it takes 5 months after you pass all the requirements to the prefecture , u need to wait for 5 months :-) , thats according to my friend who is now renewing her carte de sejour :-)

Hello lilia..wow your friend have to wait for 5 months for the Carte de sejour to be renewed?? Omg..i hope i don't have to wait for a long time..normally mine the longest is 3 months at least. Where did your friend renewed his/her Carte de Sejour and this is for one year?

Hello ,
She is going to submit all the requirements on monday ( 9 mars )to the prefecture grenoble  , its for one yr or maybe she will granted for 10yrs incase , coz she requested it ... but as what they advise her ... it will take 5 months upon submission the requirements
its long to wait :-( ... wethere its 1yr or 10 yrs they give thesame , it takes 5 months to wait :-)

hey y'all! sorry i have been missing for awhile :D by the way, finally i have gone through everything for submitting my documents last month in April. Now i have to wait for..2-3 months i hope? and they said its for 10 years after 3 years of marriage GRreeatt! :top: