Who is Addvantum Innovative Technologies/ Addvantum ?

Dear friends,

I am IT professional living in India with 5 years experience in my fields. I am planning to move to Saudi Arabia due to my new job and also want to know few things about this company as I don't know this company is not very famous, most of my friends in KSA dont know this company.

The company name is addvantum technologies and they only offer my salary and ticket but family medical and ticket and housing is not given, is this ok? As my other friends receive other benefit also in their company.

I am confused please help me.

Thanks,

They provide Oracle based solutions
such as peopleSoft products like "Campus Solution" and
having branches in karachi lahore chicago nairobi dubai riyadh
in riyadh they had project of National Guard, (big client)

medical for family is neccesary because it is costly here in riyadh without medical insurance or else show in cheap hospital,
further if they are not providing ticket for your family then ask them for a good salary and six month payment of accomodation in advance with reolocation allowance too (+ 5 or 3 days initial stay at furnished place)
also ask them to clarify about visa, that it should be transferable to any other company if you finishes contract before certain time, so that you could search job somewhere else in KSA.

Hello Umair,
Thank you for your reply.

Did you work for this company or you know any friends who work here?

I am confused because:

- Visa from an other company name. I will be legal if such is case?
- Visa is business not long term (Residence). So how I manage family, car, house and plan long term basis ?
- What happens after my visa expire?
- What happen if there is non-payment on salary, legal matters etc.? As I will be on not visa of the company.

Salaam Wikki

First let us analyze your situation, as per your descriptions.

Ok.
There is no family medical and family visa. Why?because you are on BUSINESS VISA.
As for your housing, it is presumed that as SOP that expats coming to Saudi on BUSINESS VISA will be provided accommodation by the company e.g. hotel. for the duration of the BUSINESS VISA.

Business Visa, valid only for 3 months max.
Housing allowance you can not get, because you are not on Work Visa.

Single Expats (whether you have family in your country) who have WORK/RESIDENCE VISA will get transportation and housing allowance, but will not get FAMILY MEDICAL INSURANCE. NO COMPANY/CORPORATION will pay for medical insurance for family who are not in Saudi.

When your BUSINESS VISA EXPIRES, you will go out of the country that's why you are given plane ticket.

Salary is given if it is provided in the contract. DO YOU HAVE THE CONTRACT? Did you read salary payment?

If you have concerns with your employment like visa, contract do not go to Saudi.

Well said and perfectly said by mannyd !!  :top:

Oh Work Visa, I was assuming pre-iqama work visa (what to say)
Yes right, on work Visa you will not be able to do these things... Although one of my close friend he was on Business/Work Visa outsourced from Pakistan to here in Riyadh, and also brought his family for 1-2 months, so it is possible.

As mentioned earlier, if you have concerns with your employment here, don't come.

Sort out everything with your agent or employer. Have a the contract signed by the HR manager, so every thing is official.

Before your Business Visa expires, 1 week before, you must work out to with your employer to extend it. That means you leave the kingdom. Come back on another date with another business visa. Or you can request your employer to change the Business Visa to a permanent Residence Visa. That means, most of the times, you still leave the kingdom, with a new contract and visa.

If you come in with Business Visa, just bring your working things like computer and clothes. Cheers!

Dear Friend,
If you are still in India, I would recommend you stay there and don't resign from your current job. I understand that everyone sees a charm in travelling to Middle East in terms of both exposure and monetary; But, this company "Addvantum Innovative Technologies" is not a Saudi based firm infact it is a Pakistani ,family run, business (All top management friends and relatives) working in partnetship with various Saudi partners (some times individuals and sometimes companies with 1-2 resource who are looking for a break). The visa's they issue are not in their own names and infact in name of their partners/Saudi  due to this in a team of 4-5 people, working on the same project, there will 4-5 different sponsors (which btw is illegal here). Infact you might even be called on a plumber or electricians visa and the management will promise that they will get it changed, but it never happened during my tenure. Apart from that the company has serious management, governance and HR issues & you will be judged, dictated and annually reviewed by a person who is sitting somewhere in Lahore (Pakistan) and visits once in three months; who himself is not eligible to be at a position of Director (Again, this director is a family member of the owner).

At the end, this is the worst company I have ever been part of; I worked for one of their Oracle people soft implementations in Saudi Arabia as a senior resource and the way they treat their employees is pathetic. I came back from abroad and fell for their trap and sweet talks and decidied to go to KSA on a project and regretted it within a week. Some core issues I faced;

1. salary was never on time (except for the first one month); 2-3 months delay is a norm and when you finally do get the salary it is in installments e.g. January's salary (half) I receive in start of March and the rest end of March. Rest is all promises. I came to a conclusion that this seems to be their retention policy as well! I still have almost USD $8,500 pending dues.
2. False promises and lies is a norm. From top management (CEO, MD) to middle management (PM, Team Leads) as it all runs in the family. Before coming to Saudi Arabia (or whereever they are promising to re-locate you) you will be promised immediate Residence Permit and start of paper work for your family and your change of occupation etc. however it never becomes reality. Get everything in black and white or get ready for the wrath.
3. Employees are treated like labors. I do not mean to be rude here but what I noticed during my stay was that if you are well off, have communication power and can black mail the management from the projects deliverable prespective, than you can get things done in this company. Otherwise you are in a big problem. For e.g. one of other teams working on an other project got all their salary dues (2 months), TADA (3 months) & return tickets when they threatened to screw the project up.
4. Its a total leg pulling environment.
5. No vision or policy procedures
6.lie, lies and lies.... If you are a good liar you can get on top and be a part of the management.

All in all stay away from this company and ruining your career. If you really want to join them get everything in black and white and legal! I left the company (in 8 months) the first opportunity I got and moved back from Saudi Arabia. I must admit that Saudi Arabia does have a very nice work environment (relaxed) and you get to work on the latest technologies in a very cozy and friendly atmosphere & the above mentioned scenario is not true for all the companies there;

Best of luck,

Hi,
I work for this company Addvantum currently and I am in Riyadh. I agree with Yadmoka, as I joined this company recently and only receive my salary twice in last 5 months. When you ask for you salaries continuously and boycott going to client site they call for meeting or skype conference call to assure you again & again that you will get payments, TADA and even bonus if tasks are completed on time! So basically to get your own salary you have to attend 2-3 meetings and have an official MOM for your own sake and referece :)

Their the salary disbursement here is dreadful as it routes from GOD knows where and takes ages to get into your account, once they say it is disbursed.There is no retention policy and they hire new resources without thinking as soon as new project comes. This causes financial crisis and employees career is in jeopardy.

I will leave today If I get any offer.

This will help.....

- slideshare.net/AliShehzad111/addvantum-oracle-gold-partner-aon-rana-reality