Good area to stay in Bangkok

Hi,

I came from India, I am totally new to this place.

which one is the good area to stay in Bangkok

Chandra

Hi Chandra,

Welcome to Expat.com!

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Bangkok forum. ;)

Silom, Sukhumwit (quite expensive, you will live in a condominium)
House renting (quite far from the downturn area, seek rent from Panya village or Nichada)

Find the place that ease to access BTS, MRT, or airport link. :D

hi,

depends upon you work area. generally street near sukhumwit 20-22 ( between nana to ashok) the area has many grocery stores, and many Indians are also leaving in that area. but this is one of the costliest area to stay. if you are on  a tight budget and you like a Indian populated are you can search near chakpet road but i guess its far from central attractions.
you can also search some good accommodation near on nut,  i have lived at Thong lor, pretty expensive area but i was saving on transportation costs

Depending on what kind of facilities you need. Of course the areas around Asoke will be good to be in the city centre, If you like to experience local living i suggest lad prao area.

arharsh46 wrote:

hi,

depends upon you work area. generally street near sukhumwit 20-22 ( between nana to ashok) the area has many grocery stores, and many Indians are also leaving in that area. but this is one of the costliest area to stay. if you are on  a tight budget and you like a Indian populated are you can search near chakpet road but i guess its far from central attractions.
you can also search some good accommodation near on nut,  i have lived at Thong lor, pretty expensive area but i was saving on transportation costs

yes I think so. you need to know the location that you will be work at first then can find the best location. But my suggestion also sukhumvit area because it's full of expats and also convenience for transportation. you can search for bangkok condo or condo sukhumvit in order to see how is it and to compare the price.