Supermarket location ?

Hi All,

I have been searching for supermarkets in Addis over the last 2 months, I have found a number of small sized supermarkets but would like to know if there are any large sized, or has anyone got any top tips? Any help is much appreciated, and I have a car to drive.

There is a hipper market around Megenaga. Its called Shewa hipper market. I hope you will be satisfied.

Many Thanks, I visited and it is great, cheers.

freindship supermarket in bole is good also.

Inventory of very large supermarkets
1. Bambis - Kazanchis area by railroad tracks. Known for Italian and Greek imported foods. Takes Master Card/ Visa
2. Shoa - Old Airport by the Roundabout near Metro Pizza/ Kaldi's Coffee. Note this is a new mega supermarket that just opened a few weeks ago, not to be confused with the older Shoa inside Laphto Mall. This new Shoa takes Master Card/ Visa.
3. Safeway - Lebu area.
4. Shewa - Meganagna

Smaller, but internationally oriented groceries include:
Fantu - Old Airport near the Canadian Embassy and Bole Road near Wassama Hotel
Novis - Sarbet near Kings Hotel and Bole Road near Wassama Hotel (also known for Italian and Greek imported foods)

Hope this helps!
Dee
Hope that helps

Thanks Dee, I will get out and explore these targets, I am trying to find somewhere that sells a decent steak (to cook myself), the ones I have had so far could be used on the bottom of the space shuttle to help with re entry burn ;-)