Premier League Football?

Hey there, first time to Panama this Feb 2015!  The better half is worried about Premier League Football (soccer) withdrawal. And frankly so am I, he gets cranky!  Can anyone tell me if the games are televised or if pubs/bars/rest play the games on satellite?  We are spending the first week in PC and if anyone has advice on where he can see the games it would be great.  On my side is there an equestrian community in Panama?  If so, is there a specific area or is it more spread out across the country?  Any racing?  Thank you so much for your help.  Cheers

I am certain you will be able to watch soccer games easily
in Panama.  It is a soccer country.  Where I stayed the game
was on the the restaurant, and rooms have televisions.
This should not be a problem for him or for you.  Panama
is not a 3rd world country.

Thank you for your reply "SmartOldLady" glad to hear it.  In our search for the perfect retirement country, English Premier League Soccer is one of the top 3 "must haves" on his list.

T.G.I. Friday's has Sports Bars.  In PC, locations are Albrook Mall, Multiplaza Mall, Amador, El Dorado, and Marbella. The Marriott Hotel has a bar called Champions Sports Bar, and there is another Sports Bar called Chillin Sports Bar.  Search these names for the phone numbers to get their game schedules.  I would guess they will be showing soccer.  Our basic cable TV has 3 channels of sports.  My husband is a big US soccer fan so I understand the importance of soccer withdrawal.  He says he has seen more DC United games in Panama on TV than back in the US.  Blackouts, I guess.  I am not familiar with Premier League Soccer but if it shown on US TV, you can sign up for USTV NOW and watch games on your laptop.  Otherwise, book a room with a good cable selection.  When my husband cannot get his team "fix", he watches local soccer.  You will also see (or hear) neighborhood groups playing around the city in open fields. 

For anyone big on NFL, the YEP party group in PC will be showing the big Super Bowl game on a huge screen on 1 February at a new golf club/sports/ bar called The Green Club PTY.  YEP is a group for younger expats.  They welcome any age but it is mostly for 25-35 year olds, or as they say, "anyone young at heart".  I signed up for their newsletter just so I know what's new in Panama.  They have even mentioned horse racing events, so you might want to sign up @ www.youngexpatsinpanama.com or www.facebook.com/YoungExpatsinPanama

Search:  Canal Zone Horsemen's Association for details on the equestrian information.  Also, search Clayton Riding Club, Panama or Clayton Equestrian Club Panama.  I think Coronado may have equestrian events also.