Receive a package without beeing home?

For the normal mail service if they have a package and I'm not home they will leave a card so I can get the package the next days from a office close.
I have ordered lately something which is transported by a private company. The delivery guy called and said there are only around two hours per day where he will be in my region to deliver the package and he needs someone to sign the delivery. They also have no office to get the package.
Is it possible to send the package to the malta post office and they will sign & hold it or is there any other service to receive packages when one isn't home?

miker7 wrote:

For the normal mail service if they have a package and I'm not home they will leave a card so I can get the package the next days from a office close.
I have ordered lately something which is transported by a private company. The delivery guy called and said there are only around two hours per day where he will be in my region to deliver the package and he needs someone to sign the delivery. They also have no office to get the package.
Is it possible to send the package to the malta post office and they will sign & hold it or is there any other service to receive packages when one isn't home?

What sort of delivery service is it that has no office or collection point?

Complain to the company that sent it  or if it was sent privately you will have to ask  a friend to sign on your behalf.

Don't use this delivery company again ( and tell us its name so we can all avoid using it).

Terry