Anyone here take antihistamines?

I'm allergic to dust so I normally have to take an antihistamine tablet every day if I don't want to be a sneezing wreck (it tends to interfere...). I usually take cetirizine, but I'm nearing the end of my supply and I found out from a pharmacy that it costs $4 for a sheet of ten (for contrast, last time I was in the UK I got six months' supply for a little over $10).

While this is not unaffordable, I am wondering if there is an alternative.

So do any other expats use this kind of medication and buy it here? I can take other medicines - the $4 cetirizine comes from France but I bet someone nearer (I'm thinking China) makes something similar that won't cost so much. Or is it possible to mail order this kind of everyday medicine?

Any tips would be welcome, before I try to communicate this to the pharmacies in town!

Many thanks

I bought a box of almetamin for my wife, and myself, having been bitten by red ants and had a nasty reaction. It contains betamethasone and dexchlorphenamine maleate. I have no idea if this will work for you. I bought a whole box of 100 for about $8 at a pharmacy. A good pharmacist will know his meds, and be able to suggest a good low-cost alternative.

Thank you, Max. We persevered and eventually my partner found a pharmacy selling Korean cetirizine at 1/8th the price I was first given. Apparently we weren't being clear - when showing them the box from the original supply I brought from the UK the pharmacists assumed we wanted that exact brand, and so insisted on selling us European brands when actually they're interchangeable.

Lesson learned...