Bringing my fianc`e to Australia

Hi All,
My name is Craig and I live in Australia I am in the process of bringing my Partner from Vietnam to come and live with me . I was recently in Vietnam where my Partner and I became engaged.
I have been speaking to the Australian Government about what forms I need to fill out I have spoken to two different people and have been told to use two different forms. Is there someone who has gone through this that can shed some light on the best way to do this ?. The last person I spoke with told me to use Sub class 300 form to bring my Partner out then once she arrives in Australia I can fill out Sub class 820 it made sense to me but was hoping this was the correct way to go about this.
Thanks in advance for any help

Craig ( I hope I have given enough information on this )

Hi Caing

After read your post , I think the information that embassy australia in Vietnam is offer you is the corrected one for your process , when I was do it last time nobody tell me like they told you. So I was make mistake and my visa is refuse .me and my partner are sad because we are live a part . God make us have a hard life now because we can't betogather . You know embassy said I will have hard time for the second process.so we are lose hope now and don't know what to do that can make us be together.  I wish you and your partner are togather in Australia soon .

Wish you have a nice day . Hope I can meet friend here and can help any good ideas to solve my problem ... I wish all the lover in this world be togather forever .
Kristy.

Hi Craig, there are 2 separate application, the sc. 300 and the sc. 820/801.

Bothe require the same forms: Form 47 SP for the applicant and Form 40 SP for the sponsor. Form 80 (security checks) may also be required. It is best to include it to avoid delays.

You can either use the paper forms 47SP and 40SP or use the online ones.

Once your partner has been granted her sc. 300 visa, you have 9 months to get married and apply for the sc. 820/801 visa in Australia (note that there is n additional (reduced) application fee for the sc. 820/801 visa). Once the temporary sc. 820 visa has been granted you have to wait until 2 years after the application date to do the paperwork for the permanent sc. 801 visa.

Make sure you do your homework and provided all the evidence and supporting documentation required.If in doubt, get some professional assistance.

All the best,

Nick van Voorst
(moderated: no free ads please)

G'day Craig I have some limited knowledge on this and have friends who have successfully brought their partners out to oz.  if your unsure try an agent but I would shop around to get a good price.  Drop me a message if you want to chat mate

Hi Kristy,

Thankyou for your reply I hope you and your partner can be together soon because everyone deserve to be happy I wish you and your partner best of luck

Craig

Hi Nick,

Thankyou for your reply I am glad I am on the right track have a good day

Craig

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply I have found it so helpful using this website have a good day

Craig

That is exactly how i did it four months ago. I came in on a subclass 300 and married my fiancee here. then moved to an 820 which is temporary for 2 years on average. make sure you have plenty of proof of relationship and that you intend to get married in Australia. set a date and present a notice of intended marriage form NOIM.

Good luck and congratulations

Hi Outnumbered,

Thank you for your reply and welcome to Australia I was unaware of the Intent to marry form so I have just filled it out  I think I have got all I need now I am so excited to bring my Partner out to Australia. Kim was here in January this year and loved every minute of it  :)

Craig

If anyone has done the Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) recently, can they say how long the application took, and what country they applied from ?

ABCDiamond wrote:

If anyone has done the Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) recently, can they say how long the application took, and what country they applied from ?

I have not personally done it but have friends who have gone through it with their Asian ladies. There is no set timeframe as each case is looked on individually and the paperwork scrutinized and verified. One took 5 months to get his Vietnamese lady over.

That is interesting as some places say it takes about 10-12 months.

It can take anywhere between 3 to 12 months, depending on the nationality of the applicant and the processing centre. Average seems to be 5 to 8 months.

Nick van Voorst