Suzuki motorcycles - market share, parts and dealers?

The office bike is a ratty Honda Wave. I paid to have it serviced, as I'm riding it for hours each week. (The mechanic syphoned off some gas - it that customary?).

A local shop has a Wave for 7 M and a Suzuki for 5 M. Suzuki's market share is like 1%, isn't it? What about parts and dealers? I'd hate not to get parts for it... It's another semi-automatic like the Wave, but forgot the model name. Some 15 years old by the looks of it.

The Honda Wave for 7 M shows 62 k km and looks lit it's about 8 years old.

Errm, can one get Dunlop or other brand name tires for such small bikes over here? In Thailand, I bought no name tires and they wouldn't keep the air. Buy expensive and cry only once!

Chris

hs0zfe wrote:

... can one get Dunlop or other brand name tires for such small bikes over here? In Thailand, I bought no name tires and they wouldn't keep the air. Buy expensive and cry only once!

VN has it's very own tire/tyre squeezing operation that makes heavy, hard-riding stuff - good for tractors and trucks but also made, from the same formula for motorcycles and bicycles.

We (me and the company) buy Japanese Dunlop tires/tyres for our vehicles. I think a pair for a Kymco cost under VND800,000 last time. I get about 25,000-30,000 km out of one before wearing to the markers.