Saludos! Greetings! what is the process to move to DR?

Newbie to expat-blog. I am seriously considering moving to DR and am a bit overwhelmed with the process. In researching, it seems a bit challenging.  Where to start?!

Welcome.

Have you been here before?

What kind of work will you be doing?

This country can be a great place to live/work but it is not for everyone.  Before you  go too far down that road you might want to come for a month or more and not stay at the AI resorts but rather live here like you expect to if you moved.

It is also a very large country with lots of different areas and again not all are for everyone.

Tell us more.  There are lots of good folks here with lots of information to share.

Again welcome

Bob K

do you want specific place to live in DR short or long time?

Hi Bob!
Yes, I have traveled to DR quite a few times, 6 times to be exact. My most recent trip was the end of December and I stayed about 12 days or so and explored many areas; Higuey, Samana, Santiago and Puerto Plata. I do not intend to make DR my permanent residence but do want to spend at least a year. I have witnessed the glamorous side of the island and the true rawness which I truly love more.

For now, short term.

We are lucky to have the rawness tempered by the good natured Dominicans.  At least in the less hectic areas.  Welcome & don't be surprised if by the end of your year you change your mind about leaving these shores.  Any help you may require can be found on this site.   Just ask & you shall receive.

welcome to the forums. Do you intend to work while you are here?

Lots of information here.  Just ask

Good luck on your "journey"

Like Planner asked ... do you intend to work here?

Bob K

Thanks for all the helpful information. Yes, I'd like to find employment while there.

To work here legally you will need you cedula (national ID card0 and residency.

BObK

go look for the thread about getting residency. start there....