Car rental

Hello, just moved to Nizwa and wondering if anyone would have tips on where to rent a car cheaper that at the Muscat airport outlets. I plan on renting for a few months, so I am looking for the best rate possible :) thanks!

Hi,
I am in the process of relocating to Muscat. I have compiled some information on rent-a-car companies  in Muscat & area. See below:- Members on this blog mentioned that one could get car rented out for as little as 150 OMR a month. Hope these contacts help you.
Let me know the outcome as in March i too will be renting a car out in Muscat once i move to Oman. Thanks!

RENT A CAR
1.    ABC rent-a-car - Mr. Joy (Company Manager - GSM: 95859497).
2.    Towell Leasing, they have some small cars like Mazda 2 at 160 OMR / month 96790684
3.    Budget Rent a Car  / Toyota Yaris for 150 / Hertz / Toyota  Yaris for 166 OMR a month.
4.    Europcar rental  (31 USD)  / AVIS  (27 USD) / Thrifty car  (30 USD) / Arun +968 24400844
5.    Bharat Chandra     +968 95165958

6.    Zubair Automotive
7.    SixT (Bahwan group rent a car)
8.    Emaar Island leasing, contact : 95 48 36 47

Hi Canada2006, thanks for all the tips, I am currently renting a small Suzuki from Budget, for a lot more than what you quoting, I rented directly from the booth at the airport, how can I get the rates you are quoting?

Provence04 wrote:

Hi Canada2006, thanks for all the tips, I am currently renting a small Suzuki from Budget, for a lot more than what you quoting, I rented directly from the booth at the airport, how can I get the rates you are quoting?

"Budget", in actual is way expensive than many of the "local" companies out here. As what canada2006 mentioned, you may directly interact with the given numbers of the local rent a car companies and hirethe vehicle on monthly / weekly basis.
I doubt you'll get an adequate deal in Nizwa, however there are plenty in Muscat. I would suggest you to go through the local newspapers as many of the local companies advertise their rentals out there.

Best o luck !