South Africa to Montreal - seeking advice about schools

Hello Everyone

We are a family of 4 planning to move to Montreal. My husband, myself, 3 and 18 year old girls. As you can imagine this is quite a big move for us. We are still tying up loose ends with my husband's job offer but I thought I will get a head start by introducing myself. I would appreciate any advice from fellow South Africans or anyone with a similar family dynamic on schools etc.

hello charlene Herringer and welcome on board Expat.com

Hope that some members will soon revert back with some infos concerning schools. Could you please be more specific about what you wish to know about schools?

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thank you for your reply Kenjee.

I guess I want to know if there are any English primary public schools in Montreal? I have a daughter of 3 years old and also an 18 year old who wants to further her studies through a university.

Even though we are currently trying to learn the French language, they wont be fluent by the time we arrive in Montreal.

Must say I am quite disappointed by the members lack of response. Why join if they are not going to aid/advise people like me, is that not what this website is all about?

Thank you charlene Herringer for your reply.  :):up:

Hi there

I am so happy you made contact.

We have been here 3 weeks, still living in hotel Downtown on Rene Levesque East. We are in the process of signing lease for an apartment close by.

I have enrolled my 4 year old in at Daycare on Maison. We are still looking around for schools.