New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourself here - 1st quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Netherlands forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the Netherlands if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourself here continues below!

Hello everyone!
   I'm Lea, new in this forum  and currently living in Dordrecht,South holland and looking for friends especially pinay's hope to have some   :) ...thanks

Hi my name is Cherene and I have been living in the Netherlands for the past 4 months now having moved here from North Riding, Johannesburg with my hubby and two daughters. I would love to meet some South Africans who live in the Hilversum area. I am a newbie on the site.

We moved here for my husbands work, my daughter goes to a Dutch immersion school so meeting other expats has been really difficult. I'm a stay at home mom for now but am looking to start up my business from South Africa here.

I have a 17 month old daughter and so looking for some South African mamas who would like to be friends.

Hi Everybody!

I moved here in September 2014 and I've decided to meet somebody else except people from my work. I hope I'll manage to find somebody here :)

cheers.

Wow, moving North has meant learning to cope with chilly weather. I arrived in Rotterdam from South Africa last month and am keen to meet active outdoor people, especially those with young children. We have 4 year old twins who are loving the chance to build a snowman. I was a small business owner and am now thinking of studying and doing marketing consulting work.

Hi Cheebee, where is Hiversum?

Hi FinRoss I live in Eemnes and my husband works in Hilversum just easier as a point of reference. We are about 7kms outside Hilversum.

Hello this is Steph!

Hello everybody!
I'm Camille, 27 and a male alone in the city!
My girlfriend is still living in France where I come from...

Looking forward to meeting a few but nice people!

Feel free to invite me!  :D

:top: Welcome to Holland!@finross2020

:cheers: Hello every one I am not an expat I live in The Netherlands almost 13 years now. I felt so alone the days I came here at the beginning. So I can understand who come here to live. So I thought of giving some comfort either welcome if some one needed. For me your nationality does not matter but If you speak English that would be much better. So I say hello. And I have a daughter from age 9.

Hi,
I go by Jenny. I will move to Utrecht in Feb 14 ( very romantic, right) and I will love to connect with English or Spanish communities. I will live in Utrecht for 11 months with my working husband and my 2.5 years old daughter. New in this role of stay-at-home mom, I will love to fully experience The Netherlands.

YeniSant wrote:

Hi,
I go by Jenny. I will move to Utrecht in Feb 14 ( very romantic, right) and I will love to connect with English or Spanish communities. I will live in Utrecht for 11 months with my working husband and my 2.5 years old daughter. New in this role of stay-at-home mom, I will love to fully experience The Netherlands.

That is an amazing day to move ,,, yeah for sure romantic,, where about you live in Utrecht? In the city or out of the city?

Our postal code is 3512, which I believe it is downtown.

YeniSant wrote:

Our postal code is 3512, which I believe it is downtown.

Yes it is ,,  :D  yes it is,, that is not exactly central,, I hope you enjoy your new home,,

Hi, Im Paulina. 3 weeks ago I came to Holland, and right now im feeling little lonely ;) Could be nice to have some friends ;) Im living at neighborhood of den Haag :)

Hi Everyone i am Deloris i am living in the Netherlands for almost four years. I would like to meet friends including people from my country.I am  from Jamaica i live in Friesland  and hoping in the future to begin a Caribbean Catering Service here.

Hi! Becky here from zambia, planning to move to the Netherlands, I need to know people who are already living there....Any one from zambia here?

Hi Paulina, I sent you contact request.. but no response.. I live in Rotterdam too.. we can catch up some day soon :)

Hi, I'm not an expat but I am planning to move in Netherlands soon. looking forward to meet new friends...

Best regards!

Hello
Welcome in holland ;)
Now you have friend in Amsterdam ;)

ems39 wrote:

Hi, I'm not an expat but I am planning to move in Netherlands soon. looking forward to meet new friends...

Best regards!

Welcome in Holland
When You will come? And where you will stay ?

Hello everyone,

Just a quick reminder that this thread has been created for the new members to introduce themselves only. So as to avoid being off-topic here, please feel free to create new posts in the Netherlands forum if ever you wish to discuss about a specific topic.

Thank you,

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

[color=#DE20C0]Hello everyone I am Korona.

Irish, currently still living here, looking to move to Netherlands this year.

Hope to find (at least) summer work to get me on my feet.

Hey I'm from Cape Town, South Africa and have been trying to move to Netherlands. It's currently a goal for the next 1-2 years to immigrate there. I'm a DJ / producer and the reason I really want to move is because my girlfriend lives in Groningen and I just can't live without her really. I just have no idea how to get a work visa with my current profession...

Hi! My name is Juan Carlos Romero and I will be doing my MBA at Rotterdam School of Management around 2016 to 2017. I am trying to expand my network of contacts from Neetherlands so I can successfully find a job there while I study my Master at the same time. Any kind of help would be really appreciated :)

Hi everyone! I'm from Finland and though I am not yet living in the Netherlands, I will be moving to Utrecht to join my boyfriend and to start my studies next September. Though I'm not really a total newcomer to the country (I have been on several long visits and I was there as an au-pair for six months) I am new to the city of Utrecht.

Hi i am zeshan from pakistan.i came there for studies.Its Good country with unpredictable weather 😁

Good day to all, my name is Alex i am new on this site and i am happy to know everyone in Netherlands, i live in Den Haag.  My friend tell me that i can met a lot of good friends her so i did try to register.  So any one care to chat or have new friend like me then just message me.

Best Regards,
alex

Hello, I am not Indian from origin, I was born in Holland but moved to Spain and lived for some years in Mumbai, however have studied for about 20 years Kathak in Dlehi and am a yoga expert. I have a Contemporary Dance company in Madrid and do Kathak shows too. It is always good to come back to Holland. I was born in Eindhoven and half of my family is Sri Lankan. Hope it's ok I find a place on this blog?

hi. i am new member, currently living in eindhoven.

This is Me. Hi everyone I was in Netherlands and its really nice place, nice weather and awesome....

Hi,
I'm so looking forward to moving to the Netherlands. I'm from Namibia, so I'd really appreciate and helpful advice. I have no idea where to start...
But from what I see the working culture is very similar so Namibia.

I visited Netherland and I would like to settle there but I don't know how to be start like starting by own business,  job or ....
So it will be fine if anybody can guide me to......

Hello Everyone, I am from India. 21 years old , I am moving to Netherlands in August this year to begin my studies. But, I don't have any friends back there. So, I want a handful of friends to share thoughts with and get to know about the country, dutch people and of course about yourself as well. I love to listen to people and I like to chat. So, I am looking for some good friends to make my long stay of 2 years, memorable in the country. I don't mind which part of Netherlands you are, I just want some cool friends. So, yea I am looking forward to your message.

Hi everyone :)
I"m Rachel and living in the Netherlands. Probably for the coming years. I work here as well and am single.

As I am used to live and work abroad, and I speak 6 languages, I gladly support other expats as much as I can.
Especially those that are very new to the life of ''an Expat''.
This can be a HUGE change and overwhelming. :o
So, if you are in some type of stress, give a shout and don't sit with it. You are certainly not alone here  :joking:

Hi I'm Natascha and I currently reside in Johannesburg, South Africa. My husband is being transferred to the Netherlands in August and we'll most likely settle in Amstelveen as it's closest to his new office. I'm a television journalist although I'll probably be a stay-at-home mom soon. We have a 3-month old baby

Hep Peeps . Just moved to the Dam from Ireland. Im an electronic music producer & DJ,
PEACE
MONOPHAT  :D

soundcloud.com/monophatmusic

HI , IN THE SAME BOAT :cheers:

Hello TripDisco and welcome on board :)

Could you please avoid writing with your caps lock on, as it is considered bad practise (and also regarded as shouting) on a public forum.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Closed