New members of the India forum, introduce yourself here - 1st quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the India forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in India if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the India forum, introduce yourself here continues below!

I and my husband live in Central Jersey- I must admit that despite having a good mix of different races and cultures here, it is really tough to make friends.. People dont want to dwell deeper than a Hi.  I don't understand if its just me who faces this.  I and my hubby are verh open and educated individuals and would love to make meaningful friendships with people who are not narrow minded and into 'their own world'

I have more than 8 years of work experience in Accounts, finance & Logistics in a Logistic / Food Services environment in UAE & Afghanistan. I had diversified work exposure in Supply chain Management, Transport strategy planning, reporting and documentation.

I am professionally qualified with Bachelor's Degree in Commerce and have financial accounting and E-commerce diploma.

I have an experience with sourcing of suppliers for purchased goods, negotiating the contracts, including blanket agreements and bulk commodity pricing agreements, and conducting production planning. Furthermore, I am also proficient in shipping documentation (Export & Import) and shipment scheduling & freight negotiation with shipping lines, freight forwarders and courier companies

Hello,

I am Thenan from Singapore. I am working in Bangalore for couple of years now. I am looking to make some friends here and explore the city. Anyone can reach out to me too in case they need any help.

Hello hello.

I've just arrived in Bangalore, am here for a minimum of six months. I'm German, but have lived in England for most
of my life. 
Bumping into strangers on the street and seeing where the day will take you has its merits but speaking ones native tongue from time to time is very welcoming hence I've signed up here.

I currently work in Malleswaram but will be moving to the World Trade Centre at the end of Feb. I'm doing an internship with DNV GL Energy on their Facilitating Offshore Wind in India project.

Am looking to make acquaintances with expats who fancy going for the odd drink, picnics, excursions or anyone who can recommend unmissable things whilst here/give advice on various aspects of life here.

Looking forward to meet you.

hi I'm looking fornexpat friends in chenai. I am a British guy staying here

Hey!

I'm planning on visiting Pune for the second time, maybe later this year. (Been there in 2009) I hope a lot may have changed in the last 6 years, and maybe the experiences might as well be different too. I just hope to like it even more, 6 years later.

Which country are u coming from ?

Hii!! I'm cameroonian new come here in New delhi

hey!! i'm not able to drop you a pm)) i'm in pune itself staying in koregoan park let me know ur plans i could help you if you need help cheers))

Hi Everyone , I want to see new places. I'm still in New Delhi.  But I'm planning to go Bangalore

Hello Everyone

I am Adam Watson. I am working in a IT company Nano web tech Limited in Chandigarh. I am working here as a Sr. SEO executive. It is is an ISO 9001:2008 certified IT Organization having more than 120+ professionals. (moderated: thank you for posting your ad in the jobs section)

hi my name abusaeed

now i am in mysore

Hey. We from Atlanta.  Been here 16years. contacts @ [email protected].
Tons of us are here. We get together almost every weekend.

Just arrived in Pune where I will spend most probably the whole year.
Looking forward to meet some guys here (I don't know anybody)
Don't hesitate to contact me.
Vincent

[color=#[ DF1FD7][left[/left][/color]

:cheers: Hello!!  My name is Terri.  I am pkanning to move to Kolkata hopefully by the end of March.  I plan to spend some time there and then maybe make it home for a while.  I'd like to land a job in a grooming ghop (dogs) and possibly have my own or run a school for potential groomers someday. I have a friend in Kolkata but the more I meet the better I will feel if something was to happen or ya never know.  I'm sure  everything will go well and I will meet friends and life will go on as I pictured.  I live in Hawaii now but I'm sick of it.  Yes...very beautiful but very very expensive!!
Its hard to make it and owning a house is nearly impossible unless you are independently wealthy.  I'm not...lol.
Hope to see some of you there!!
Terri
Originally from Seattle

Hi I can be called as Kimster. I am Indonesia. I am looking for a chance to move to India, especially in Mumbai. But first of all, i need a job there. Anyone can help me about a job for Indonesian? I am industrial engineering bachelor..now, working in Procurement department for food industry.. but, i also like teaching. My part time job is as private teacher for junior and high school for local school in Indonesia. I have 8 years teaching experience for chemistry, physic and mathematic subject..
Nice to meet u all...

Hello,

Please contact Coppergate consultants they will get you a job instantly in BPOs and then you can start searching for jobs in your field.

Teacher by profession. Want to teach Physics and mathematics to the American and European students

Hi Raobhim,

We are expecting members to write a few words about themselves here just as an introduction and maybe talk about their plans as an expat and future projects

I will suggest you to read again this part " We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in India if you are planning to move there. "

Thank you

Maximilien

Hi there.

Just wanna introduce myself. Im currently working in Switzerland (Lausanne) as a tech lead in software engineering. I'm gonna move to Bangalore for this company in April. Will be a 1-year trip.

I'm impatient to discover a new exciting city and culture, ...hopping to find there opportunities to meet people of any horizon.

I cannot give more details as everything is not crystal-clear to me already. But I can't wait moving... I'm sure I'm gonna live a nice experience.

Cheers!

Hi all,

I´m actually not yet an expat but I´m very much interested of working in India. So it would be great to get some insights from current expats who are working there. Please feel free to contact me. Thanks a lot.
To myself I was born and brought up in Germany in 2 cultures. At the moment I´m doing my masters in UK.

Hello everyone,

My name is Terri and I live in the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia, USA.  I am considering getting a surgical procedure done in Mumbai.  Please let me copy and past what I wrote a bit ago (about where I would be going to).  Please tell me your thoughts (I know nobody would want to be negative or talk badly about a hospital, but I am at the mercy of others here).  I do not know anything about this hospital or the Doctor.  I am a contract Social Worker and Journalist, having received my bachelor's from the University of Illinois and my Master's degree in Journalism from a University in England.  I was born and bred here in the good 'ole USA.  My grand-parents and my ancestry all came from Norway.  I am looking for some good counsel, advice, wisdom and help about my medical procedure and the Doctors in India.  I know there are some great ones.  I was engaged to a Surgeon from over there, but unfortunately we are no longer in contact.  Here's what I posted a bit ago:

DR..SARANG DEGLOORKAR.
M.B.B.S.(MUM) M.S.(MUM)
GENERAL, LAPROSCOPIC & BREAST CANCER  SURGEON
BHAKTIVEDANTA HOSPITAL , MIRA ROAD  (E)THANE
MEMBER ASSOCIATION OF SURGEONS OF INDIA (ASI)
MEMBER OF INDIAN ASSOCIATION OF GASTROINTESTINAL & ENDOSCOPIC SURGEONS ( IAGES)
MEMBER SOCIETY OF ENDOSCOPIC & LAPROSCOPIC SURGEONS OF INDIA ( SELSI)
MOBILE NO : +91-9323289393
E-MAIL: sarangthakur[at]yahoo.com , sarangthakur[at]gmail.com

This doctor will be having one of the best surgeons to come to this hospital to do the surgery for me.  I am scared to death.  How do I know that this is a fit hospital?  Can you help me?   Also.......if I chose to stay in India for 6 months........do you have any advice as to where I should live?  I have a Master's in Journalism and want to do some writing while there, but also want this surgical procedure done.  It's non-invasive and the recovery time is quick.  I am a single woman with no children.  I want to be safe, feel safe and live in a safe and good area, without breaking my piggy bank.  What is the average cost to rent an apartment and to live there?  Say..........what do you pay monthly for rent and food and everything?  Just an estimate, please.  I have my own house in America and have to keep paying my bills here, so I don't need to live in the lap of luxury while I am in India.  It can be a small studio apartment or something inexpensive.  I just care about safety and the area. I need real help from real people who are genuine and honest.  I realize there are so many scammers out there and I will tell you right now........I will not be scammed.  I am happy to pay a Tourist Agent or an American living over there in India (if they can help me with this).  Don't e-mail me because you want a girlfriend or something.  Please spare me and yourself the time.  Thanks.......I do not mean to be insulting.  Posting on this forum would be the best, as everyone else can see it also.  If you e-mail me personally (I may not respond), depending on what is sent.

You all could be so helpful to me if you have the time to share with me.  I really appreciate it.  My e-mail is:  Terrilovescats[at]yahoo.com (not my professional e-mail).  You can post on here or e-mail me directly.  Thanks so much! :cheers:

I am a new member and just posted.  It says I have 24 replies.  Where are they? I don't see any.
Thank you.   Terri (from Georgia, USA)

Hey. You in luck . I from buckhead. How is hotlanta. I have been in india for 16 years. Been to many med centers. email us  at [email protected]. I fill you in on the dos and donts.

hi my self aravind live in new delhi...

[Moderated: kindly do not post your phone number on the forum]

Hi,

I am Santu, I love exploring the world, different places, meeting people, making friends. Anyone planning any trip this weekend from bangalore? please let me know, want to join. :);)

Hello everyone ,
I am arnab sengupta , a fashion designer based in kolkata . Have represented india in few international fashion weeks.  Have also won 2international asian fashion awards in london in 2011 representing india.
I want to join the kolkata group.  Please can anyone help me in that. I am going through an immense psychological , financial situations. ... I wany to get some peace of mind so that I can work properly.
Love you all ...
Thanks
Arnab

I am still new here on this forum.  I didn't explain myself (well) the first time.  My objective in coming to India is to get a surgical procedure, then recuperate, then come back to my house in the USA.  But then.......a bit later........I want to come back to India and spend 6 months volunteering in many capacities, and have the ability to live anywhere while I am there.  I haven't had time to be on the forum very much and still don't know my way of navigating around it, so if I haven't responded to you.......forgive me.  Let's see what each day holds. :heart:

Hello all

On behalf of Expat.com Team, I wish a warm welcome to all new Members  :par:

Kindly note that this thread is only for presentation of members, for any other informations to share or meet ups please Create a New Thread

For search of jobs or other adverts we have our JOBS and CLASSIFIEDS section respectively.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

[moderated: off topic]

Hi, I'm Niko from Hyderabad, I'm of Namibian origin, I visit Bangalore in holidays and free times, we can meet up and become friends anytime in Bangalore

[Moderted: Advertising are not allow on the forum, for any job offers please register in the business directory.  Thank you]

Hi all,

Eventhough I joined Expat.com way back in July'14, I couldn't be active here due to certain reasons.  There are around 2000 Indians, Bangladeshis, Nepalis, Sri Lankans, Egyptians, Chinese, Syrians... working here in Al Hassan Industrial estate, Ramtha.

Jordan is a nice country and the people are very much positive.

Love you all.

Sasi

Hi all, I am Delia Maria Knaebel.  I live in Pune and will be here for sometime till I move again.  I am an internationalist, born of mixed blood.  Since I am well acquainted with Pune city and its culture, I will be pleased to assist expat who is here . Cheers

Hi...My name is Page. I'm from New York and have been in Bombay for 1 month working. I'll be here for the next 3 to 4 months teaching core fusion to my private clients. I lead quite the social back home and am missing that element here and would really like to go out for a couple of drinks and a bite to eat and such! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi Page, Your welcome to Pune if you are free on weekend. I would be happy to meet you and show you the city as well. It would be nice to meet you and have conversation over a coffee or beer. Let me know.

Very nice! Thank you so much...I'm headed to Goa for 5 days this weekend and then back to work for another month and then maybe it will be time to shoot off to another fun destination...I'll keep you posted!!!

Oh really...Since I back to India in Feb-15 from my Europe trip I am planing for Goa but some how not able to plan yet. Are you going alone or going with group or friends? If you like to have travel companion then I can join you. Even we can drive from Pune by my Car. That way we can share the cost as well as having travel companion is good sometime. let me know your view if its sound good to you.

Closed